website statistics

Modern Pentathlon UIPM World Cup 2021

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Illya said:

How many pentathletes would be in final ? 12 ? Or 36?

36...the best 10 from each group + the 6 best scores among those initially excluded...

women's qualifications results are here:

https://www.uipmworld.org/event/uipm-2021-pentathlon-world-cup

2 minutes ago, Illya said:

But this woul be test event for new format - Final-12

probably they would take the test format after the traditional 36-player final with the best 12 of that event...

if you look at the list of qualified athletes to the final on the official website, in fact, they are 36...

So, let's sum up:

1. Yes, I am happy it's back.

2. No, I am not happy, that it's back without me in Budapest now.

3. No, I am not happy with the UIPM TV being hidden behind the paywall. It may work with FEI or ITU with big sports popularity. IJF is doing all on Youtube, still developing their coverage. UIPM goes down and down since London 2012.

4. Yes, I am sad with the Polish results on Wednesday - that was so close, but unless you're an outstanding runner (none of our girls is), you can't just do the fencing with 50%-50% on victories-defeats.

5. And I don't really know what to think about Oktawia's come back. With such a poor run (the same she showed two weeks ago in Drzonków), maybe it would be better not to. But she made the decision just six days after she told me she concentrates on CISM competitions, so...

Spoiler

6. 13-year-old Japanese? What the hell?!