website statistics

Trampoline Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Oh stop crying, Canada has some gold. Mexico only couple of bronzes and tons of 4ths :p

:P

10 stings, but happy with the performances of fourth place. Rosie tore ligaments in her ankle 9 weeks ago, and came and finished fourth. That is beyond remarkable. 4 of our 4th place finishes were in the pool, all were national records. It does sting to finish fourth, but ultimately I am proud.

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:P

10 stings, but happy with the performances of fourth place. Rosie tore ligaments in her ankle 9 weeks ago, and came and finished fourth. That is beyond remarkable. 4 of our 4th place finishes were in the pool, all were national records. It does sting to finish fourth, but ultimately I am proud.

Exactly… she perform as well as she could given her circumstances. I was rooting for her cause she’s a legend, but can’t deny today Paige did a cleaner routine so congrats to the Brit for that bronze.

18 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Wait, the final happens like 10 minutes after the qualification? It's like they don't care about this event at all :rolleyes:

To be brutally honest, this is true. In a few years, I can't see this sport being part of the Olympics anymore. There's a reason why FIG is pushing Parkour a little bit too hard down our throats -- in my opinion, the plan is to remove trampoline from the Olympics and add Parkour.

For me, the sooner trampoline leaves the program, the better. It hurts to say this, but it adds nothing to the Olympic program. Rhythmic gymnastics at least does its own thing, but performing acrobatics on a trampoline, as hard as it actually is, just doesn't seem to be very exciting after you watch an all-around competition in artistic gymnastics. 

:p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!