Totallympics

• 4 months later...

Members of the Brazilian group:

Beatriz Linhares
Déborah Medrado
Geovanna Santos
Maria Eduarda Arakaki
Nicole Pircio

Seriously, choosing Nicole Pircio is the biggest mistake our federation could have made. Not only she did not help the group qualify in any way, every time she performed in recent years, she screwed up badly. It only shows how our federation lacks transparency and chooses girls based on unclear and very questionable criteria. Horrible decision. Such a shame.

On 08/07/2021 at 21:08, thiago_simoes said:

It only shows how our federation lacks transparency and chooses girls based on unclear and very questionable criteria. Horrible decision. Such a shame.

Really makes me wonder if this is (partially, of course) a Brazilian thing...it's not at all the only federation where 'unclear and questionable criteria' play a significant role :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 weeks later...

I did not mean to be the first and the only to write here.

Bulgaria, Italy, Russia!!!, Spain are now the top pretenders from this sport. But in such forums everything happens. The compositions of the teams - both in ''single'' and in ''groups - 5 girls" are so complicated, that one false step may cost droping the best performance and not taking a medal. Every team has worked a lot during the years, so not only the upper countries are ''in the battle'' for the prises.

Let's wish every team to perform the best way and the most difficult and best-performed compositions to win.

11.jpg

1 hour ago, avant1213 said:

Bulgaria, Italy, Russia!!!, Spain are now the top pretenders from this sport. But in such forums everything happens. The compositions of the teams - both in ''single'' and in ''groups - 5 girls" are so complicated, that one false step may cost droping the best performance and not taking a medal. Every team has worked a lot during the years, so not only the upper countries are ''in the battle'' for the prises.

Let's wish every team to perform the best way and the most difficult and best-performed compositions to win.

11.jpg

Spain? What ????

1 hour ago, avant1213 said:

11.jpg

To be fair, I expect that the podium will be contented between :ITA:JPN:BUL:RUS and :BLR. Sadly for the Spanish, I think that this year they are too far from the top :(

I've almost given up hope in the group event. I'm not ready to see :ITA and :BUL, who should be the two groups fighting for the gold medal, receiving low scores, while the ugly routines from :RUS and :ISR will probably be overscored to death and win gold and silver. And don't be surprised if :JPN or :UZB sneak onto the podium.

In the individual event, :BUL Kaleyn and :BLR Harnasko are my favorite gymnasts. I'd love to see a Kapranova-like situation where one of the Russians give in way for both Kaleyn and Harnasko to earn medals. But, let's face it, the podium will probably be both Averinas and Ashram, and if this happens, it will be my least favorite podium in the history of this sport.

The current Code of Points destroyed this sport, in my opinion. The focus on difficulty almost killed any semblance of artistry in the routines. As I mentioned, only :ITA and can :BUL do it well. :UZB also tries hard, but it's just that I don't like their style, but of course this is my problem, not theirs. 

Finally one of the moments I’ve expecting during the whole Games, second only to Pacheco’s.

Ruth Castillo the most veteran elite competitor will finally make her Olympic debut tonight.

Hope she can hit the routines the qay she did it at the qualifier.