website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics FIG World Cup 2021

Totallympics

3 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Mexico needed only 0.2 more to get a medal. It's the first time they finished fourth place in a World Cup event. Previously, they finished fourth in a World Challenge Cup event. I hope they eventually earn a medal this year. 

Indeed a good result. Decent start for the Mexican group, although I need they still need to polish both routines, especially the 3 hoops & 2 clubs, as their collaborations look messy. I hope they still can hold back USA and Brazil at the Pan American Championships to earn the quota they have so hard worked for since 2017.

But as @Federer91 mentioned, the difficulty notes are being ridiculous, like  the 5 ball qualifications were the score given to Bulgaria a little too enthusiastic. I mean, they are quite better than any of the other teams at WC (Russia I believe sent their "B" squad), but that performance was not without some obvious mistakes and corrections on their part, while today's score in the same apparatus being more fair.

On another note, I hope the Japanese girls can improve their performance and aim to be a dark horse at home; they had quite enjoyable routines.

6 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Indeed a good result. Decent start for the Mexican group, although I need they still need to polish both routines, especially the 3 hoops & 2 clubs, as their collaborations look messy. I hope they still can hold back USA and Brazil at the Pan American Championships to earn the quota they have so hard worked for since 2017.

Only one of the girls who went to Sofia took part at the 2019 Pan American Games, so it's natural that they were anxious and a little bit nervous here. Even so, their performance was fantastic. Of course there's room for improvement, but it's only a matter of time before Mexico and Turkey earn medals at the World Cup series.

The last time that two countries earned medals for the first time at the WC series in one year was 2013, when :BRA and :SUI earned their first -- and, so far, only -- medals. After that, :GEO joined the club in 2015, :USA in 2016, :EST in 2018 and :SLO in 2019. Let's hope that in 2021 it will be :MEX and :TUR.

• 3 weeks later...

The Mexican group scored 36.300 today and I'm super excited because Mexico is getting closer and closer to a World Cup medal! This is the highest any country from the Americas has scored under the current code, and for this specific competition, it was just .300 less than Israel and .550 less than Belarus. I can't stress how important this is. There's a real chance for an all-around medal here; currently, Mexico is sitting in fourth place. I really hope Mexico wins a medal here; in fact, more than one. This looks like it will be a fantastic year for the Mexicans and Olympic qualification should not be too hard. This is excellent for this sport, and any serious fan knows how much we need more diversity on the podium. 

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

4th place for Raffaelli, I'm just speechless :woot: This is amazing! It was beautiful see her cry for the joy

I'm amaaaazed with her! She currently has the third highest combined difficulty in the world, behind only the Averinas. This is insane! She's going to be a star!

Tomorrow individual finalist, i made it homemade. Mistakes are possible:

Hoop

1. A. Averina [RUS]

2. D. Averina [RUS]

3. Salos [BLR]

4. Raffaelli [ITA]

5. Zeng [USA]

6. Fetisova [ESP]

7. Tashkenbaeva [UZB]

8. Polstjana [LAT]

X. Vadeneeva [SLO]

Ball