website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

On 03/07/2021 at 23:10, Maxim Fastovsky said:

IF (and thats a big if because she did it in rio) Biles doesn't fall from the beam, the gold is hers

Is that, however, based on 'Biles is really good' (without really taking the others in account), or based on 'Biles is consistently better than the others who will compete'? Curious what @thiago_simoes has to say about it, definitely our number one gymnastics expert :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Is that, however, based on 'Biles is really good' (without really taking the others in account), or based on 'Biles is consistently better than the others who will compete'? Curious what @thiago_simoes has to say about it, definitely our number one gymnastics expert :d 

That's based on Biles being in a whole other level then anyone else on vault, floor and beam, 23 worlds+olympic golds 

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

If the Chinese girls hit, Biles will not win gold. Her beam routine is difficult, but it's not just a matter of her performing it well and the gold is hers. I'd say right now she's the favorite for a bronze medal. Definitely not gold.

Also, scores in national US competitions are a joke and should never be taken seriously. 

3 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

If the Chinese girls hit, Biles will not win gold. Her beam routine is difficult, but it's not just a matter of her performing it well and the gold is hers. I'd say right now she's the favorite for a bronze medal. Definitely not gold.

Also, scores in national US competitions are a joke and should never be taken seriously. 

What do you think about Iordache. Do you think she can win a medal in beam or all-around?

9 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Ok let's talk about worlds and Olympics on the beam

2014 worlds - gold

2015 worlds - gold 

2019 worlds - gold

2016 Olympics,  2018 worlds - fell of the beam, still won bronze.  

You can tell me with a straight face that Biles is not the number one contender for gold on the beam? That's called being a hater

And btw biles won silver on the uneven bars in 2018.   I can see her win 6 golds.  Though I don't believe it will happen

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

So the likes of Morgan Hurd and Laurie Hernandez didn't even make the US Olympic team? I know USA can provide a ton of gymnasts but I thought the gaps at the top are slightly bigger?

Hernandez retired.  She was a commentator during the trials. And will be for Tokyo as well

28 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Retired? She took part in national champs last month?

I guess she got injured during the national championships

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2021/06/06/laurie-hernandez-gymnastics-nationals-injury/