website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

6 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

And a clear gold medal chance for Rebeca Andrade.

You guys will understand on Sunday. :d

On a Dutch forum people are saying they're hearing rumours of Andrade doing an Amanar, which would apparently add quite some points to the difficulty score (I know the term, but of course am not familiar with exactly what it is). Also saying that her second sprong then might have a Cheng, whatever that may be, but it sounds difficult. Related to what we will understand on Sunday? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

On a Dutch forum people are saying they're hearing rumours of Andrade doing an Amanar, which would apparently add quite some points to the difficulty score (I know the term, but of course am not familiar with exactly what it is). Also saying that her second sprong then might have a Cheng, whatever that may be, but it sounds difficult. Related to what we will understand on Sunday? :p 

If she performs these two vaults, than yes, she'll probably win a medal, but gold is far from guaranteed since (I think) Jade Carey also has two very difficult vaults (and so does Skinner). Execution will be key.

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The gymnastics podcast I listen to says that based on current form they think Andrade is the favourite on the vault. Very far from a lock though.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I won't spoil the surprise.

3 hours ago, vinipereira said:

If she performs these two vaults, than yes, she'll probably win a medal, but gold is far from guaranteed since (I think) Jade Carey also has two very difficult vaults (and so does Skinner). Execution will be key.

I don't know why people are crazy over Skinner. I believe Yeo Seo-jeong will win the bronze medal, or maybe even Moreno or Olsen. Even Melnikova wouldn't be a surprise. Of course, Skinner is a huge threat for a medal, but Yeo will improve her difficulty and could very well even fight for the gold medal if she hits.

57 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I won't spoil the surprise.

Have it your way then, I'll just watch the final :raspberry:

And am very much looking forward to it, vamos Andrade!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, Belle said:

I think Biles should go home and focus on her health instead, 

Almost...

11 hours ago, Belle said:

I think Biles should go home and focus on her health instead, 

She apparently found a gym that that has a foam put and is trying to get air awareness back, but it is def not looking like it will happen in time for the beam final.