website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

The best and worst part of these trials: watching that packed stadium and knowing that we won't have any of that in Tokyo. 

Japan really screwed up.

Ya, it will be so weird.

Japan is so behind in the vaccination and that is so baffling. There were more people in that arena tonight than will be allowed at any venue for the Olympics.

19 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Mikulak. :lol:

No, seriously. :coffee:

Anyway, maybe he will prove me wrong, but now I'd say I consider him a waste of time. 

He wasn’t terrible at trials. As long as he can provide consistent scores in the team event & be a leader for our young team, I will be happy. Brody Malone will be the star of the team. Wiskus & Yul should perform good as well. 

4 hours ago, bmo said:

He wasn’t terrible at trials. As long as he can provide consistent scores in the team event & be a leader for our young team, I will be happy. Brody Malone will be the star of the team. Wiskus & Yul should perform good as well. 

He's the most inconsistent gymnast I've seen in my life. His nerves always get the best of him. Besides, he's reaching a point where his age will begin to be a big factor in his performances, and this is aggravating. It's not like he's gotten any better as the years went by. On the contrary...

The US women's team will be announced in a few minutes.

In a shocking event, Biles lost an all-around competition for the first time since 2013. Sunisa Lee scored more than Biles today. This is an unofficial win by Lee because the scores from day 1 and day 2 are combined in the US trials, and Biles is ahead with the combined scores, but Lee unofficially winning today is huge

21 minutes ago, bmo said:

Lee & Biles are for sure going to Tokyo. Chiles will most likely go. I really don’t know who is going to get the final team spot.

I'd take Mykayla Skinner and the individual spot could go to either Wong or McCusker. McCallum unfortunately adds nothing to the team. She will be a good first alternate, though.

If McCallum makes the team, then give the individual quota to Skinner, please.