website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Yulo... :( He's young and he's going to be in Paris for sure, but I wish he had a medal here along with Davtyan.

Well, history for :ARM. I'm happy with that. Abliazin did well and deserved silver. I'm not so sure Shin deserved gold.

Just now, vinipereira said:

MAG vaults are always so unpolished (ofc because of the huge difficulty).

Unpolished is one thing, but he almost got the vault devalued because he underrotated it. This should have been penalized a lot more than it was. But this is just my opinion, of course. 

Women's Floor Exercise
Final Results

:USA  Jade CAREY           

:ITA   Vanessa FERRARI            

:JPN  Mai MURAKAMI          
:ROC  Angelina MELNIKOVA           

Final Results Here
Qualifiers Results Here

My heart breaks for Yulo ??? i think he lacked the mental toughness and felt highly pressured to win, he wasn’t the Yulo we saw in the Stuttgart World Championships as a gymnast who has nothing lose and one who was having fun

Looking at the good side of things, he is still young and has a lot to gain, surely he’ll be back in Paris 2024.

5 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I haven't watched any of the finals yet, but the results are indeed shocking. At least Greece got medal in men's long jump, so the day was not a tragedy for you. I don't know what happened to Petrounias, but at least he got a medal, so there's still reason to celebrate.

Yes, I agree. I knew it would be tough to win gold but really didn't expect him to win less than silver. I also thought his performance was very good and was surprised with the 15.200.

Anyways a medal is still good and I guess there's not much difference between silver and bronze for him. After everything he went through and almost didn't qualify for Tokyo, we should not complain.

41 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Yes, I agree. I knew it would be tough to win gold but really didn't expect him to win less than silver. I also thought his performance was very good and was surprised with the 15.200.

Anyways a medal is still good and I guess there's not much difference between silver and bronze for him. After everything he went through and almost didn't qualify for Tokyo, we should not complain.

The overall score depends a lot on the angle of the shoulders in some skills, and how long gymnasts can hold a static position, so the fluctuation in scores is perfectly normal. It's still shocking that he had his "worse" performance in a long time in the most important night of the whole quad. Anyway, this is how sport works. A second medal is a great achievement on this apparatus, anyway, and the curse of rings champions not repeating their gold medals after 1972 continues.