website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Decision to not pick Becky Downie might backfire here for GB- had she been in the GB team a bronze might have just been achievable. Instead it could be fourth behind a team who WADA wanted banned - that would be a cruel way for funding to be cut - No ROC and funding might have been maintained is a realistic possibility GB gymnastics. 

Well :GBR won the bronze medal. First medal in women’s team after 93 years

2 minutes ago, IoNuTzZ said:

Well :GBR won the bronze medal. First medal in women’s team after 93 years

Incredible. Even the commentators here are shocked as unlike yesterday they were not hyping up the girls as possible challengers till right near the end - and one of them is Alice Kinsella’s coach. At one point they said Italy only needed a 12.5 to overtake GB when that wasn’t the case. 

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Russia with the first 2 gold medals, when they had only 2 in the past 4 Olympics combined, both men and women. The Renaissance.   

The last time was in 1992 as unified team i guess.

Simone Biles of USA why she performed in one event only?

Well that didn't go as planned.  So much for not winning an event the United States couldn't lose.

Hopefully Biles is alright and can compete on Thursday.  Would be a real bummer if that vault was the last we see of her

23 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Well that didn't go as planned.  So much for not winning an event the United States couldn't lose.

Hopefully Biles is alright and can compete on Thursday.  Would be a real bummer if that vault was the last we see of her

The US needs to fire Tom Forster yesterday.

I'm still in utter and complete shock.

:USA losing without Simone is not a shock. Of course, Simone withdrawing is alarming and something I would have never expected. But :GBR winning a team medal is a huge, massive surprise. I never trusted this team. I was wrong.