website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Orangehair43 said:

I think this is the general future for Gymastics. Both GB and America look unlikely to do anything but future decline in the common decade due to major scandals within the domestic scene and in the UK at least future funding is not secure. 

I agree. The Nassar scandal must have put off a lot of parents to send their kids into gymnastics. US men have struggled for a while and the women's future looks fairly bleak when Biles retires too.

19 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I agree. The Nassar scandal must have put off a lot of parents to send their kids into gymnastics. US men have struggled for a while and the women's future looks fairly bleak when Biles retires too.

And it will probably have a bit of an effect on American talent development in other sports as well due to parents worrying if there other Nassar’s out there. 

42 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Scores for Japan have been very generous, to say the least, both in men's events and women's events. Unfortunately, Great Britain, USA and Ukraine have their worst teams in a long time and can't really challenge for a team medal. It would be great if Russia, China and a surprising team could kick Japan out of the podium.

Home nation always gets a boost in scores of judged sports.

24 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

I think this is the general future for Gymastics. Both GB and America look unlikely to do anything but future decline in the common decade due to major scandals within the domestic scene and in the UK at least future funding is not secure. 

What were the scandals around UK gymnastics? Was it sth similar to Nassar's in the USA?

3 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

What were the scandals around UK gymnastics? Was it sth similar to Nassar's in the USA?

It's a different problem in UK. The funding is being cut all across the boards as the "winning at all cost" mentality has become untenable for social injustice reasons. It's all about welfare issues of those second-rate athletes so the best funded and most successful sports will have to take a massive pay cut.