website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

@thiago_simoes As far as athlete-turned-commentator goes, Jade Barbosa is doing a surprisingly good job on SporTV? Certainly better than Daiane and Sasaki.

She's actually really great! Daiane dos Santos has improved considerably, but she went from a terrible commentator to a bad one. Jade is excellent right from the start. Diego Hypólito is unbearable, though. 

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

What a bad day for :BRA. At least we should qualify for two finals (SR and Vault).

It's actually on par with what I expected, to be honest. Brazil has stopped producing great all-arounders, so it's only logical that this 4-person team nonsense would greatly affect our results right from the start. Caio did quite well today, and so did Diogo, but Diogo is very young and he was not supposed to even compete this year. He's being prepared to compete in 2024 and 2028. Anyway, I'm happy for Caio. Not happy for Zanetti at all. I despise him and I refuse to cheer for him in any circumstance.

Cool to see Zonderland did fantastic and seems to be a medal favourite. At least, that's judging by Dutch NOS showing his high bar routine at least 6 times so far throughout the day and mostly ignoring Deurloo (because 'we' don't know Deurloo, and we all know Epke, so yeah).

Weirdly, the actual results seem to say something different :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

:NED Deurloo can still reach horizontal bar final, but it's too bad Zonderland is already out. Poor guy. He deserved better, and so did
:ROU Dragulescu. At least he had a great score for his namesake vault, despite counting a fall.

Other than being frustrated about the general fitness of his body nowadays, Zonderland was mostly sort of happy that he finally at least managed to get through a full routine without a fall or major incidents again in the end of his career (he hadn't been able to do today's routine since March, not even in training), and he was happy Deurloo's routine should be enough.

Zonderland said he might compete once more in two months (world champs, I assume?), but that's about it. Really a star in Dutch sports history, both in terms of results and general attitude.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

She's actually really great! Daiane dos Santos has improved considerably, but she went from a terrible commentator to a bad one. Jade is excellent right from the start. Diego Hypólito is unbearable, though. 

I was watching a little bit of both channels and it was so strange how quickly Hypolito turned from his usual condescending comments towards our athletes to a more light, almost endearing analysis once he saw things were going downhill.