website statistics

Upcoming Qualification Events for Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games

Matej

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I don't think so unless IWF gives them special permission. last time they gave that to few selected weightlifters (the qualification system was totally different but still some weightlifters had to participate in one more event to become eligible)

so I assume most Europeans should finish their job in Moscow, if not they have to buy a ticket to Colombia and hope the event doesn't get cancelled.

for France, do you think we can have how many quotas? I had thought of 3: Anais Michel -49 Women's Gaelle-Verlaine Nayo-Ketchanté -81 kg Women's Bernardin Kingue-Matam -67kg

Asian Artistic Gymnastic Championship, from 29th May to 1st June

Asian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship, from 4th to 5th June

Asian Trampoline Gymnastic Championship, from 8th to 10th June

All events in Shantou, China

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

for France, do you think we can have how many quotas? I had thought of 3: Anais Michel -49 Women's Gaelle-Verlaine Nayo-Ketchanté -81 kg Women's Bernardin Kingue-Matam -67kg

it's really hard to judge based on the current ranking, it can change big time after just one event. but Kingue-Matam looks good. most guys above him are from China, Indonesia and Uzbekistan. he can even qualify in top 8. if not he can be the best from Europe

the same goes to the French girl at 49. most weightlifters above her will be removed from the list. and the other girl at 81 is already in the qualification zone as the best European. I believe all 3 of them will qualify at the end but nothing is guaranteed.

btw it's highly possible that North Korea withdraws from the Asian Championship and therefore none of their athletes will be eligible to qualify. that will make it even easier for the French weightlifters.

3 hours ago, Laraja said:

Asian Artistic Gymnastic Championship, from 29th May to 1st June

Asian Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship, from 4th to 5th June

Asian Trampoline Gymnastic Championship, from 8th to 10th June

All events in Shantou, China

Source for that ? They are not listed on FIG website, have they been confirmed recently?

4 minutes ago, Sindo said:

Source for that ? They are not listed on FIG website

https://www.agu-gymnastics.com/index.php/files/217/New-category/3/Copy-of-AGU-calendar-2021---2024V11.pdf

4 minutes ago, Sindo said:

have they been confirmed recently?

I think so