website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

@heywoodu must be extremely happy and proud now. Congratulations!

That dude in COB's livestream talked so damn long!!! My parents and I were anxiously waiting for half an hour before we finally got to cross country! :d:hyper::hyper:

I mean, after yesterday we knew....but you never know until you KNOW :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Now let's hope and pray and everything that tests won't mess things up..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That dude in COB's livestream talked so damn long!!! My parents and I were anxiously waiting for half an hour before we finally got to cross country! :d:hyper::hyper:

I mean, after yesterday we knew....but you never know until you KNOW :d

Of course they choose a picture of Bruna from the Engadin horror race ;)

Nah but seriously, congratulations @brunamoura! It was a long hard journey and you really deserve it. Hope the Olympics go safely (and you get some TV time).

After the refusals, :CZE is being offered 6th spot for Male skiers. Not sure whether they will accept it. There are several options for Czech to choose. 

1) Ondřej Černý - excellent sprinter with great qualification results but always fails in quarterfinals (but not that good stamina and probably not very suitable for team sprint)

2) Tomáš Kalivoda - Can race decent in sprints (already earned points this season) and also in distance races

3) Jonáš Bešťák - average distance racer

4) Tomáš Lukeš - average distance racer. 

As for me, I would choose either Černý or Kalivoda  ...

14 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

After the refusals, :CZE is being offered 6th spot for Male skiers. Not sure whether they will accept it. There are several options for Czech to choose. 

1) Ondřej Černý - excellent sprinter with great qualification results but always fails in quarterfinals (but not that good stamina and probably not very suitable for team sprint)

2) Tomáš Kalivoda - Can race decent in sprints (already earned points this season) and also in distance races

3) Jonáš Bešťák - average distance racer

4) Tomáš Lukeš - average distance racer. 

As for me, I would choose either Černý or Kalivoda  ...

Wait so Czech has been offered a quota? Or you are just assuming

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Wait so Czech has been offered a quota? Or you are just assuming

What I know that they are waiting with the confirmation within some sports as they are expecting reallocation ....... In male CC there are 2 refusals - :DEN and :NZL ... which should give quota to :USA and :CZE ..... I think they were expecting this is gonna come and they will most likely select another racer ..... There are 2 more sports .... as for ski jumping female, :CZE is 1st below the line, expecting to select either Stepanka Ptackova or Anezka Indrackova if the reallocation comes .... and in parallel snowboarding - Zuzana Maderova is 3 below the reallocation line ...... The :CZE team has been hoping for these 3 reallocation as in other FIS discipline we are far to low to recieve any reallocation .....