website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Last season after the world championships, she posted a photo with this text (with a Google Translate English version I put under there)....makes you think she really doesn't know, or they know something we don't.

I saw that too. I sent her a message on her Instagram. Maybe I should email the federation instead?

13 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

I saw that too. I sent her a message on her Instagram. Maybe I should email the federation instead?

I think the athlete can be trusted more than the federation. As in, an athlete who realizes this will probably work harder to fix it than a federation that might "forget" telling the athlete.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 hours ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Not sure if it's coincidence, but while she was a DNF in the IBU Cup Thursday (and not on the start list yesterday), all of a sudden she is in the freestyle mass start in St Ulrich today, her first XC race since those worlds in February! Yesterday she wasn't in the classic individual start, so it's kind of like she all of a sudden went there..

Not sure it went right though, since she was ahead of a Mexican who has now finished, whereas Ponya has disappeared from the timing after the last intermediate (where she was already pretty far behind, under 300 wasn't gonna happen).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, at least a higher ranked athlete will get to go instead of one who can't read the rules for herself. :whistle:

It would slightly increase the theoretical chance for a third Brazilian woman, making large parts of the whole battle and stress of the past months a moot point :p 

Spoiler

I know, that chance is indeed tiny.

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Not sure if it's coincidence, but while she was a DNF in the IBU Cup Thursday (and not on the start list yesterday), all of a sudden she is in the freestyle mass start in St Ulrich today, her first XC race since those worlds in February! Yesterday she wasn't in the classic individual start, so it's kind of like she all of a sudden went there..

Not sure it went right though, since she was ahead of a Mexican who has now finished, whereas Ponya has disappeared from the timing after the last intermediate (where she was already pretty far behind, under 300 wasn't gonna happen).

Wow. That’s strange. I can understand maybe leaving it to the last minute because of other commitments/injury, but why waste time in biathlon, and come back for a mass start, which is the worst for FIS points?

I assume it was a coincidence since she hasn’t seen my message to her. Glad that one way or another she knows though!

11 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Wow. That’s strange. I can understand maybe leaving it to the last minute because of other commitments/injury, but why waste time in biathlon, and come back for a mass start, which is the worst for FIS points?

I assume it was a coincidence since she hasn’t seen my message to her. Glad that one way or another she knows though!

But yeah, DNF. It's going to be rather tight and she'll probably have to be very wise in picking the right races..

New Swedish Team selection today:
Women: Maja Dahlqvist, Moa Olsson, Emma Ribom

Men: Marcus Grate, William Poromaa, Anton Persson, Leo Johansson

Already selected:
Women: Frida Karlsson, Jonna Sundling, Ebba Andersson

Men: Oskar Svensson, Jens Burman

Still a few spots left.

1 hour ago, Swewi said:

New Swedish Team selection today:
Women: Maja Dahlqvist, Moa Olsson, Emma Ribom

Men: Marcus Grate, William Poromaa, Anton Persson, Leo Johansson

Already selected:
Women: Frida Karlsson, Jonna Sundling, Ebba Andersson

Men: Oskar Svensson, Jens Burman

Still a few spots left.

That's three or four gold medals right there :evil: