website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

20 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Is Krüger out of the whole team, or he is missing only the Skiathlon?

Krueger is not out of the team yet. He gave an interview with NRK (Norwegian television) that he still aim to be ready for the 50km by the end of the games. The Norwegian team has said they will take a decision the 2nd or 3rd of February about Krueger. It's by these dates they can at latest book a flight for a potential reserve and for that reserve to be ready for the Olympics. If they choose not to send a reserve, it's a question about if Krueger can be ready for the 50km with his limited opportunity to train while in quarantine, and of course needing to test negative by time. 

https://www.nrk.no/sport/sterkt-preget-valnes_-_-na-er-det-fritt-vilt-1.15831741

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Thanks for your time and updates buddy. Stay strong, I am (pretty sure we all are) still thinking about you both :hug:

btw, I sincerely hope all health and insurance costs are covered by the Brazilian federation/comittee, it is the least they should do

During the day there are very busy moments with contact with insurances and doctors and all that stuff, but also moments where not much can really be done, so I might just as well watch some sports and post some updates then..

Luckily since November she is officially living in the Netherlands and a requirement for that is to get an obligated health insurance within X months. I arranged that at the end of December (switching to another insurer is something that can be done in December in the Netherlands, so I got a new one for myself and got her on the same policy), and now we already need them. Good thing is that the coverage of medical costs for these kind of things is generally excellent, especially within Europe, so as far as I know all of the medical costs in Italy will be paid by our insurance.

As for the transport costs, like with an 'ambulance taxi' we can hire: insurance doesn't pay that, long story about travel insurance (which wasn't valid anymore, hers was until the day before the accident...), but the Brazilian snow sports federation is really being very helpful. I've been in touch a lot with their contact person and she has already told me they will cover all transport costs. Probably a transport would cost roughly 5000-7500 euro, which you know, is a lot of money...but if really necessary, not impossible to pay. But it really helps a whole lot that they (federation) will pay this!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

As for the transport costs, like with an 'ambulance taxi' we can hire: insurance doesn't pay that, long story about travel insurance (which wasn't valid anymore, hers was until the day before the accident...), but the Brazilian snow sports federation is really being very helpful. I've been in touch a lot with their contact person and she has already told me they will cover all transport costs. Probably a transport would cost roughly 5000-7500 euro, which you know, is a lot of money...but if really necessary, not impossible to pay. But it really helps a whole lot that they (federation) will pay this!

Well, that is good. Remembering some of the horror stories of Nigerian athletes injured abroad….

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

During the day there are very busy moments with contact with insurances and doctors and all that stuff, but also moments where not much can really be done, so I might just as well watch some sports and post some updates then..

Luckily since November she is officially living in the Netherlands and a requirement for that is to get an obligated health insurance within X months. I arranged that at the end of December (switching to another insurer is something that can be done in December in the Netherlands, so I got a new one for myself and got her on the same policy), and now we already need them. Good thing is that the coverage of medical costs for these kind of things is generally excellent, especially within Europe, so as far as I know all of the medical costs in Italy will be paid by our insurance.

Actually happy to hear that, You have to distract also a bit yourself and relax the head sometimes (I imagine this must be difficult) with something positive (not meaning covid ofc), watching some good sport may be also a good cure.

That is a lot of money, so this is nice of them that they will help you. :yes  But I must say that I would expect also something from the Olympic Committee, at least "pretend" a moral support if nothing else...

3 hours ago, Ted said:

After contracting Covid a few WEEKS back AND having SIX negative tests afterwards, he tests positive again??? So weird.:wacko:

Really nothing new in COVID showing up in tests weeks after. Shows one of the main problems in testing.

And joining in on wishing @brunamoura a quick recovery as well. Did notice in Swedish media. :(

37 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Actually happy to hear that, You have to distract also a bit yourself and relax the head sometimes (I imagine this must be difficult) with something positive (not meaning covid ofc), watching some good sport may be also a good cure.

That is a lot of money, so this is nice of them that they will help you. :yes  But I must say that I would expect also something from the Olympic Committee, at least "pretend" a moral support if nothing else...

Nothing from IOC, but with Brazilian federation I actually meant both CBDN (snow sports federation) and COB (Brazilian NOC). Who does what...I am not exactly sure, but they are definitely both trying to help how they can, also with their doctors contacting the hospital if needed for example. So far I am mostly just very thankful for the help that's coming out of Brazil.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Nothing from IOC, but with Brazilian federation I actually meant both CBDN (snow sports federation) and COB (Brazilian NOC). Who does what...I am not exactly sure, but they are definitely both trying to help how they can, also with their doctors contacting the hospital if needed for example. So far I am mostly just very thankful for the help that's coming out of Brazil.

Ah sorry, my bad. thumbs up for Brazilian NOC then.