website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, Sindo said:

Whaaat? :yikes: That's a terrible news, I'm really sad to hear that. I hope our user @heywoodu was not in the same car. Please give us some more news, @heywoodu , and I wish a quick recovery to @brunamoura

They quote her in the article talking about the accident so I assume she was in a decent state of mental and physical health (as decent as you can be after something like this I mean), so, I would also assume our colleague was not present. 

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Long story short: she was on the way from Austria (where she had been in quarantine until today) to Munich, to get tested three times there in the coming five days, starting today. Somewhere along the Austrian/Italian border (Vintl), the transfer we had booked for her (a minivan, her as only passenger) had an accident, a bad one, one might say. Sadly the driver didn't make it, and considering they hit a truck head-on, Bruna sitting in the back (to keep some distance) quite simply saved her life. Transported to the hospital by helicopter.

Broken arm, two broken feet and an unknown number of broken ribs seems to be the damage. Which, considering the gravity of the accident, is barely short of a miracle.

As for me, I'm at home in the Netherlands, which is where we are trying to get her as soon as possible (when medically allowed, of course). It has been a long day of back and forth contact with insurance and Brazilian federation and everything to see what can be done. But, again, the main thing is she's still with us.

That's terrible. My thoughts are with you, Bruna and the whole team.

I don’t have the words to describe how I feel. I just want to send all the best wishes and positive energy I have @heywoodu @brunamoura direction. 

I know it’s an unimaginably difficult time for you @heywoodu, so I thank you for giving us a status update.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Absolutely speechless :cry: What a sad, sad day, but thankfully Bruna is alive and is going to recover! Sending strength and happy thoughts!

Spoiler

These brainless drivers, i just can't.... Every week seeing a bunch of them, it just infuriates me..