website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Given the Piotr Zyla updates in ski jumping, China requires a negative test at least 5 days prior to arrival? Unless Weng is in China already (probably not)?

This was 8 days, but has been moved to 5 days (which is why Bruna could move her test from Monday to tomorrow), with two more negative tests required shorter before travel. Possibly due to the large amount of athletes who were and are in danger?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Given the Piotr Zyla updates in ski jumping, China requires a negative test at least 5 days prior to arrival? Unless Weng is in China already (probably not)?

I think this is wrong info. I think the requirment is 5 negative tests. Which does not have to mean 5 days ... 

2 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

I think this is wrong info. I think the requirment is 5 negative tests. Which does not have to mean 5 days ... 

@heywoodu is likely correct. I checked info on our ski jumping site from yesterday. It's five days prior to arrival with two negative tests in a space of 24 hours. Polish ski jumpers are set to leave for China on 31st January (Monday) so Zyla literally has to test negative today to make that flight.

13 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

@heywoodu is likely correct. I checked info on our ski jumping site from yesterday. It's five days prior to arrival with two negative tests in a space of 24 hours. Polish ski jumpers are set to leave for China on 31st January (Monday) so Zyla literally has to test negative today to make that flight.

Bruna's flight is scheduled for 1st February and she will test tomorrow and Friday (and then again on Sunday). All those dates were suggested/approved by the Brazilian NOC, which in turn had it confirmed by the organizing committee, so I do assume that is correct :p 

I really hope Zyla tests negative today, and Weng and the other Norwegians do so in time. After the past one and a half week, I can truly say this is a horror show I really don't wish on any athlete hoping to compete in the Olympics, no matter who you are.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

If one the athletes test +ve in flight What will happen to others who used the same flight? How long will they be quarantined if any

From my understanding, they’ll be deemed close contacts, which means they’ll be subject to special regulations in the bubble, but assuming they don’t chance the virus, they can still compete. That’s how I understand the procedure anyway.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I'm completely out of the loop with these games so, sorry if this was posted elsewhere but Bruna is out, she suffered some car accident when traveling to Munich.

If I understand portuguese correctly she's alive but broke some bones. The driver sadly died.

https://ge.globo.com/olimpiadas-de-inverno/noticia/brasileira-sofre-acidente-de-carro-a-caminho-do-aeroporto-e-esta-fora-das-olimpiadas-de-inverno.ghtml

5 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I'm completely out of the loop with these games so, sorry if this was posted elsewhere but Bruna is out, she suffered some car accident when traveling to Munich.

If I understand portuguese correctly she's alive but broke some bones. The driver sadly died.

https://ge.globo.com/olimpiadas-de-inverno/noticia/brasileira-sofre-acidente-de-carro-a-caminho-do-aeroporto-e-esta-fora-das-olimpiadas-de-inverno.ghtml

Oh Jesus, this is terrible. Absolutely terrible  :cry:

8 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Whaaat? :yikes: That's a terrible news, I'm really sad to hear that. I hope our user @heywoodu was not in the same car. Please give us some more news, @heywoodu , and I wish a quick recovery to @brunamoura