website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, dcro said:

Serbia declined all quotas. :surprise:

What the hell :yikes: 

I know there was a thing with the athletes needing to get under 70 FIS points, but I am not sure if that was as average (which at least some had) or in a single classic race or something (which neither of the women did). One man had the latter, but not sure if maybe they had different rules or something...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Monzanator said:

Everyone whose federation declines a quota should think about getting :POL citizenship. We always send anyone who qualifies :lol:

And honestly, rightfully so. Go Poland.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And honestly, rightfully so. Go Poland.

We do it because government funding is reliant on having any presence in these events. To get individual scholarship an athlete has to finish Top 8 in continental champs but it's all about money for the federations so these. Hence we send as many athletes as possible - sometimes even when they don't qualify on merit as evident by the swimming fiasco in Tokyo when five athletes only found out in Japan they can't start. We'll explore every loophole for a wild card entry if possible too :p 

Provisional reallocations for the women: :SUI:SLO:FRA:POL:AUT:CAN:UKR:CHN:LAT:JPN.

We know :AUT is not interested, so :EST can already expect theirs. Meanwhile, I can see :SUI:SLO being content with 6 skiers each, if so, :KAZ:SVK move in @hckošice. :FRA is kind of iffy too, but they have only four skier now. Maybe :CAN will bow out too? This would potentially open things for :BLR and/or :KOR.

Looks like :BRA will miss out on the third spot by one or two places in the final analysis. @heywoodu

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Provisional reallocations for the women: :SUI:SLO:FRA:POL:AUT:CAN:UKR:CHN:LAT:JPN.

We know :AUT is not interested, so :EST can already expect theirs. Meanwhile, I can see :SUI:SLO being content with 6 skiers each, if so, :KAZ:SVK move in. :FRA is kind of iffy too, but they have only four skier now. Maybe :CAN will bow out too? This would things for :BLR and/or :KOR.

Looks like :BRA will miss out on the third spot by one or two places in the final analysis. @heywoodu

Canada won't bow out. They named two alternates as well and will take them if given a quota

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

We know :AUT is not interested, so :EST can already expect theirs. Meanwhile, I can see :SUI:SLO being content with 6 skiers each, if so, :KAZ:SVK move in. :FRA is kind of iffy too, but they have only four skier now. Maybe :CAN will bow out too? This would potentially open things for :BLR and/or :KOR.

I do wonder if this opens the things back up for Bendika's 30km hopes.

39 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I do wonder if this opens the things back up for Bendika's 30km hopes.

34 minutes ago, intoronto said:

After all that drama lol..

Let's wait and see... I suspect Latvia may aim for quantity, even at cost of getting their quality athletes angry.

#banbestmen