website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

:ESP refused 1 male and 1 female quota leaving them with 2 male competitors 

To think their best woman actually has the A-criteria (and not from Lebanon fluke races)...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

To think their best woman actually has the A-criteria (and not from Lebanon fluke races)...

Sometimes I wonder how stupid must be the internal qualification criteria ..... Sorry to speak about the strict criteria of :NED NOC :lol: .... But I suppose your country is not the only having some "stupid" rules ....

17 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Sometimes I wonder how stupid must be the internal qualification criteria ..... Sorry to speak about the strict criteria of :NED NOC :lol: .... But I suppose your country is not the only having some "stupid" rules ....

:NED is sort of on another level of wanting desperately to avoid tourists.

I get wanting to turn down continental quotas or base quotas for uncompetitive athletes, but it really annoys me when there are X spots available in an event, an athlete is in the top X eligible athletes and their NOC just says "nah, not good enough". It just makes the event worse.

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

:NED is sort of on another level of wanting desperately to avoid tourists.

I get wanting to turn down continental quotas or base quotas for uncompetitive athletes, but it really annoys me when there are X spots available in an event, an athlete is in the top X eligible athletes and their NOC just says "nah, not good enough". It just makes the event worse.

It just confirms how NOCs are dropping from the original idea of the Olympics ....... Coubertin does not really have a good sleep these days ..... 

For unknown reasons, :CZE refused 2 female quotas even though the name list was announced 4 days ago including 7 female athletes. On FIS, there are only 5 female athletes confirmed .....  Not sure why or what happened. But internal information is that they qualified 7 female athletes and they also listed them as officially nominated: Kateřina Janatová, Tereza Beranová, Petra Hynčicová, Petra Nováková, Zuzana Holíková, Barbora Antošová, Sandra Schützová

4 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Spain asked for a TOP100 in the ranking or 2 top30 in WorldCup or 2 top15 in EuropeanCup, that's why they rejected the :ESP female quota:facepalm:

More stupid is the reason why we rejected the 3rd male quota... cause they asked for two TOP20 finished in TeamSprint and they only got one... and a 21st place :facepalm::wall:

With 8 women's quota being rejected, Latvia should be getting another one now (they're 9th, but Austria rejected two and is ahead of them in the reallocation list).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Wasn’t stated earlier, but :AND refused 1 men’s and 1 women’s quota.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela