website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Long story short: she was on the way from Austria (where she had been in quarantine until today) to Munich, to get tested three times there in the coming five days, starting today. Somewhere along the Austrian/Italian border (Vintl), the transfer we had booked for her (a minivan, her as only passenger) had an accident, a bad one, one might say. Sadly the driver didn't make it, and considering they hit a truck head-on, Bruna sitting in the back (to keep some distance) quite simply saved her life. Transported to the hospital by helicopter.

Broken arm, two broken feet and an unknown number of broken ribs seems to be the damage. Which, considering the gravity of the accident, is barely short of a miracle.

As for me, I'm at home in the Netherlands, which is where we are trying to get her as soon as possible (when medically allowed, of course). It has been a long day of back and forth contact with insurance and Brazilian federation and everything to see what can be done. But, again, the main thing is she's still with us.

I am still completely in shock and devastated by what happened to you both today, my friend. I really wish that this enormous pain and trauma will disappear as soon as possible and that Bruna will recover quickly and return as soon as possible to the normal life. The next Olympics will already be in four years, it will move fast, you will see, and hopefully it will be finally also without that covid, so I wish you so much that Bruna will be able to fulfill her Olympic dream in Cortina and that you buddy will be there as well to encourage and celebrate it with her.

We are all with you @brunamoura Sending a lot of strength

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Long story short: she was on the way from Austria (where she had been in quarantine until today) to Munich, to get tested three times there in the coming five days, starting today. Somewhere along the Austrian/Italian border (Vintl), the transfer we had booked for her (a minivan, her as only passenger) had an accident, a bad one, one might say. Sadly the driver didn't make it, and considering they hit a truck head-on, Bruna sitting in the back (to keep some distance) quite simply saved her life. Transported to the hospital by helicopter.

Broken arm, two broken feet and an unknown number of broken ribs seems to be the damage. Which, considering the gravity of the accident, is barely short of a miracle.

As for me, I'm at home in the Netherlands, which is where we are trying to get her as soon as possible (when medically allowed, of course). It has been a long day of back and forth contact with insurance and Brazilian federation and everything to see what can be done. But, again, the main thing is she's still with us.

I'm glad that you're okay and Bruna is alive, but I'm heartbroken. She is and always will be an Olympian in our hearts. My thoughts and prayers that @brunamourahas a speedy recovery. Força, Bruna! Vai ficar tudo bem, guerreira! Melhoras!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

She isn't really able to answer anything here since she can only use one hand for now. Fine for voice messages, not so much for typing. But she asked me to write here that she had a quick look and is very very grateful for all the wishes and messages here! So, thank you all on Bruna's behalf!

❤❤❤