website statistics

Fencing at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

When is a bout in the sabre fencing over? Like in epee yesterday, it was 9 bouts of 3 minutes in the team event, here it's 9 bouts with no time being shown, so when does a bout end? :p 

The whole match ends when one of the teams reach 45. I think for the individual bouts its the first team to reach 5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40

2 minutes ago, pdr4332 said:

The whole match ends when one of the teams reach 45. I think for the individual bouts its the first team to reach 5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40

That's right. The sleep deprivation is starting to kill my brain, I thought @heywoodu was talking about the match, not the bouts. 

8 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Just like in any team event, after one team has 45. There's no time in sabre because it's pointless, it's too fast. 

With 'bout' I meant the thing of which they have 9, with fencers replacing each other all the time. Do the next fencers come in every time one fencer got 5 points or something then?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, Vektor said:

That's right. The sleep deprivation is starting to kill my brain, I thought @heywoodu was talking about the match, not the bouts. 

Day 5 and I can completely relate to this :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, thepharoah said:

same thing happened with us here , that's why i like epee the only event where i'm sure everybody gets his right 

Egypt did great actually beating Russia and Iran for the 5th place. even though those matches weren't "normal" I mean our sabre team came here to win a medal. not much motivation left.

but still Egyptian fencer also did good in individual event. can be a top 8 team in the world easily.

I closed the streaming after the 7th bout. When I'll back to watch, I was shocked to see what's happening. 14-3 for Hartung, but Hungary won and deserved it. 

I'm starting to cheer a bit for the Hungarian, I can feel that they have a quite depressing OG, like us :p

Wow, this jury was worthy of an AIBA boxing match... :redcard:
Plus the scoring equipment clearly failed to signal two clear points by the Hungarian (once there was audible contact between the sabre and the opponent's helmet)
Szilagyi was probably in the same mental state as Biles yesterday - but the advantage was big enough to overcome all this
At least the bronze medal is now in the bag