website statistics

Fencing FIE World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Ukraine is still very much in this, they can have 214 points if they will reach the 9th place at this event. France currently has 205 points minimum if they are 8th. If France finishes in the Top4, they will be ahead of Ukraine no matter what. But I think we will know exactly what France needs to do by the end of the day because the 9-16th matches are today while Top8 matches will be tomorrow. 

egypt has the african quota?

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

I think they are 17th at the moment, so not yet. It will depend on if they can finish ahead of Japan here, which will also know by the end of the day. 

if egypt finishes behind japan, italy still has to beat korea to get the usa out of the top 4?

2 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Meanwhile the clusterfuck of Men's épéé already started, we and other Europeans are rooting for Estonia, Spain and Germany to all win in the R32, because in that case we can get one more quota. 

it's terrible when our fate depends on others, i wish you good luck hungary, i hope we can also eliminate a nation that is blocking your way

4 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

if egypt finishes behind japan, italy still has to beat korea to get the usa out of the top 4?

Yes, Italy has to beat Korea, otherwise France will have to be in the final at the very least and hope that Estonia doesn't get enough points at this event. 

8 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Yes, Italy has to beat Korea, otherwise France will have to be in the final at the very least and hope that Estonia doesn't get enough points at this event. 

if italy beats korea, france goes to the olympics? and japan must be ahead of egypt? and whatever the ranking of the usa?

1 minute ago, Benolympique said:

if italy beats korea, france goes to the olympics? and japan must be ahead of egypt? and whatever the ranking of the usa?

France goes to Tokyo if Italy beats Korea, Japan is ahead of Egypt, and France collects enough points to be ahead of Ukraine in the final ranking. It doesn't matter anymore where the US finishes at this event, this is going to be their worst World Cup event, so it doesn't count for them.