website statistics

Fencing FIE World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

51 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I am not sure about the continentals, Hungarian media claims that even if they happen, they won't be counted for the ranking for some reason. 

They've always been part of the ranking...and the draws of the Olympic tournaments have always been based on the last ranking released by FIE before the start of the Games...

we'll see, but I think this time the Hungarian media could be wrong...

by the way, in Italy, as usual, nobody says nothing...I think they don't even know if the Continental champs are going to be held or not, yet...:facepalm:

1 minute ago, phelps said:

They've always been part of the ranking...and the draws of the Olympic tournaments have always been based on the last ranking released by FIE before the start of the Games...

we'll see, but I think this time the Hungarian media could be wrong...

by the way, in Italy, as usual, nobody says nothing...I think they don't even know if the Continental champs are going to be held or not, yet...:facepalm:

I am assuming that they know something about FIE disregarding continental ranking points this time, maybe because FIE is expending that a lot of nations won't show up? Or maybe the Hungarian media is wrong. 

Just now, Vektor said:

I am assuming that they know something about FIE disregarding continental ranking points this time, maybe because FIE is expending that a lot of nations won't show up? Or maybe the Hungarian media is wrong. 

most likely, they expect FIE not to count the CChs because not all the Continents are going to organize theirs (and it wouldn't be fair to give up points only to european nations if only the Europeans go on)...:mumble:

I think we have to wait for some official news before we can speculate on the draws of the Olympic Tournaments...