website statistics

Fencing FIE World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

Russia got the easier draw in Men's épéé, they got :USA and :SUI on their path to the SF while we have :CHN and :FRA.

I have a bad feeling about this. Anything can happen in épéé, but I think Russia is now even more of a favorite to take the European spot. I hope Siklósi will carry the team this time, he's in the individual SF. 

There's also a huge issue of Korea potentially eliminating both Hungary and Russia. I would say that we will likely need to reach the SF at the very least, and for that we will have to beat France, who are the Olympic and World champions and they were outside of the Top4 only once at the qualification events (ECh 2019). Yeah, I think we are kinda fucked... 

4 minutes ago, Vektor said:

There's also a huge issue of Korea potentially eliminating both Hungary and Russia. I would say that we will likely need reach the SF at the very least, and for that we will have to beat France, who are the Olympic and World champions and they were outside of the Top4 only once at the qualification events (ECh 2019). Yeah, I think we are kinda fucked... 

Extremely messy. I am also busy calculating different outcomes for China get Asian quota. Don't forget one likely outcome. Egypt is very likely dropped out of 16. It depends on Spain, Germany and Estonia.

2 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Extremely messy. I am also busy calculating different outcomes for China get Asian quota. Don't forget one likely outcome. Egypt is very likely dropped out of 16. It depends on Spain and Estonia.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Egypt. What a clusterfuck. :lol:

Ukraine is still very much in this, they can have 214 points if they will reach the 9th place at this event. France currently has 205 points minimum if they are 8th. If France finishes in the Top4, they will be ahead of Ukraine no matter what. But I think we will know exactly what France needs to do by the end of the day because the 9-16th matches are today while Top8 matches will be tomorrow.