website statistics

Diving at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Il commentatore della BBC ha detto che queste Olimpiadi hanno iniziato ad accusare i giudici di essere prevenuti nei confronti dei cinesi. 

Welcome in the real world, they're biased since years and years, and not only with the Chinese :p

Btw, they deserved gold and silver today.

When it looked like Haram Woo might pip Laugher to bronze, the commentator called him "the sneaky Woo"... wtf?

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

On 03/08/2021 at 02:14, hckošice said:

Some emotional farewell for Pacheco 96.90 :bowdown:

I went back to sleep the minute he finished. That 5th dive from him broke my heart and illusions, but that’s sport.

This is the only member of a golden generation for Mexican that didn’t medal at the Olympics, sadly

However I will always remember that last image when Ma Jin, his coach of 16 years or so, embraced him like a mother.

Overall in this event, I think Laugher did enough with his performance to earn that podium, which made me questions why the judging panel would rise a little bit his score for rounds 2-3, when he didn’t it needed. His technique is almost perfect and he could manage his nerves better than most.

Woo on the other hand needs to better his technique as he relies only on dificulty degree, contrary to the guy from New Zealand who is a promising talent and I personally expect him to add difficulty so he can compete for a medal in Paris.

Benfeito out :( As with Rommel, it’s hard to see end her last competition like this, but she wasn't never in form this year and I think it’s fair for other competitors to bebin the final.

The Chinese teenagers will most likely finish 1-2, and Schnell deservedly has bronze to lose, even when judges score her below what she deserved in a couple of dives. It’ll be hard for Wu to overtake her, unless the latter nail every dive in the final.