Doping Cases and Bans 2018 Thread

Dragon

:KAZ Case #52 (Kazakstan #1)
Athlete: Ilya Ilyin
Sport: Weightlifting
Duration: 24 Months
Expiration: June 10th, 2018
Substance: Dehydrochlormethyltestosterone, Stanozolol
Source: http://www.iwf.net/2018/01/23/iwf-sanction-ilya-ilyin-maximum-allowed-world-anti-doping-code/  

:USA Case #53 (United States #6)
Athlete: Lemuel Grayson
Duration: -
Expiration: Warning Only
Substance: Hydrochlorothiazide
Source: https://www.usada.org/lemuel-grayson-accepts-public-warning/ 

:USA Case #54 (United States #7)
Athlete: Alyssa Travis
Duration: 48 months
Expiration: December 3rd, 2021
Substance: Test Refusal
Source: https://www.usada.org/alyssa-travis-accepts-doping-sanction/

:USA Case #55 (United States #8)

Athlete: Sharon Jackson
Sport: Non-Olympic (Racquetball)
Duration: -
Expiration: Warning Only
Substance: Spironolactone
Source: https://www.usada.org/sharon-jackson-accepts-public-warning/

:USA Case #57 (United States #9)
Athlete: Jennifer Schumm
Sport: Cycling - Road
Duration: 48 Months
Expiration: May 28th, 2020
Substance: Steroids, Testosterone
Source: https://www.usada.org/aaa-panel-imposes-doping-sanction-jennifer-schumm/

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Dimast:

The US and the West wanted to humiliate Russia, but they only killed the sport, not Russia. And millions of fans all over the world have suffered, who will not be able to enjoy the spectacle and see the best athletes

Oh yeah, the Western world's only intention is to humiliate Russia - that's what you hear in your state-controlled media every day, right? Is there any sign of regret or hindsight in your media that the Russian sport governing bodies fixed doping tests over years and produced dozens of stipped medals? Millions of fans have suffered from exactly THIS! I am so sick of this propaganda and that the Russian government tries to push Russia in the victim's role. I really hope that as many clean Russian atheltes as possible can compete in Korea - they are the real victims here. But the villain is not the WADA or the IOC (the latter tried to protect the Russian sport as long as possible), it is the ROC and the Russian sport governing bodies which betrayed the rest of world over and over and over again.

5 minutes ago, LowerSaxony said:

Is there any sign of regret or hindsight in your media that the Russian sport governing bodies fixed doping tests over years and produced dozens of stipped medals? 

I do know I sometimes see an article in something like Sport-Express, RT or Sputnik where an official from some federation, or a great athlete from the past (like ice hockey) says something like "We should shut up in trying to blame everyone for what's happening now, and finally start looking at ourselves and what we have done wrong." That's kinda hopeful. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Il y a 13 heures , heywoodu a déclaré:

Not yet, but she is in trouble for missing three tests. How can one miss three tests, at home? Come on. 

It happens often ... the systeme is hyper restrictive

And given the level of Cornet I hope she's clean otherwise she should consider another career :)

2 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

It happens often ... the systeme is hyper restrictive

And given the level of Cornet I hope she's clean otherwise she should consider another career :)

But also not that complicated, just be where you said you would be. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

50 минут назад, LowerSaxony сказал:

Oh yeah, the Western world's only intention is to humiliate Russia - that's what you hear in your state-controlled media every day, right?

No, it's not right. Not the only intention, but it's very important intention. Russians are not stupid and can understand for themselves what is going on. Personally, I dont watch TV at all.. First, read your media. They propagate Russophobia. I'm sick of this

Edited by Dimast

17 minutes ago, Dimast said:

No, it's not right. Not the only intention, but it's very important intention. Russians are not stupid and can understand for themselves what is going on. Personally, I dont watch TV at all.. First, read your media. They propagate Russophobia. I'm sick of this

shouldn't have helped donald trump win the election :p

34 минуты назад, heywoodu сказал:

I do know I sometimes see an article in something like Sport-Express, RT or Sputnik where an official from some federation, or a great athlete from the past (like ice hockey) says something like "We should shut up in trying to blame everyone for what's happening now, and finally start looking at ourselves and what we have done wrong." That's kinda hopeful. 

There are different opinions in Russia. Everyone understands that they are guilty and gave reason. But everyone understands that something is just an excuse. Russian sport has been the cleanest in the world for many years. But you dont care. You will continue and continue to kill it as long as possible, 5, 10, 15 years. until you kill

7 minutes ago, Dimast said:

There are different opinions in Russia. Everyone understands that they are guilty and gave reason. But everyone understands that something is just an excuse. Russian sport has been the cleanest in the world for many years. But you dont care. You will continue and continue to kill it as long as possible, 5, 10, 15 years. until you kill

I won't kill Russian sports and I wouldn't want to if I had the power to do so. If you're even paying 5 seconds of attention around here, you know there are quite a lot of Russian athletes I'm sad to miss at the Olympics (Yuskov, Shipulin, Demchenko, to name just a few) and I'm happy to see at the Olympics (Kaisheva, Pavlichenko, Repilov, Voronina, to name just a few others). 

But still, the main thing is that 99% of the blame should go to those responsible: the Russian authorities. Maybe the other 1% should go to the IOC who are not specifically doing something terrible now, they're just doing it at a terrible time when appeals are almost impossible. They should have taken last weeks actions months ago, giving the affected athletes plenty of time to go to CAS. 

Edited by heywoodu

WADA is not fighting against doping, but is fighting against Russia. Four years have passed since Sochi, but you will not calm down. Do not give you rest Russian victory. Already become clean athletes banned. Continue to talk about the bad Putin, about russian doping, about propaganda on Russian TV. And what else can you say? When WADA is in the hands of the West, you can talk and do everything

Edited by Dimast