website statistics

Wrestling 2018 Discussion Thread

Federer91

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, MHSN said:

looks like after Frank Chamizo , Italy wlil have another world class freestyle wrestler, Shamil Kudiamagomedov 2016 Euro Champion just wrestled in Ukraine tournament under Italian flag.

we also have in this team wrestling in Ukraine another Cuban, Abraham Conyedo (who's been living here for a while and won the 97kg class at the recent Italian champs)...

but both Kudiamagomedov and Conyedo do not have the Italian passport yet...and it could take a very long time before they get it, so probably this season they will only be able to wrestle in the international "minor" tournaments under a provisional authorization (like it happened for Frank Chamizo in 2014), but they won't represent Italy in any major event like Europeans and/or Worlds...

still, I hope they'll get the Italian passport before the 2019 European Games...it would be a nice improvement for our starving team (it looks here it's impossibe to raise any good Italian born wrestler anymore :cry::facepalm:)...

Edited by phelps

39 minutes ago, phelps said:

we also have in this team wrestling in Ukraine another Cuban, Abraham Conyedo (who's been living here for a while and won the 97kg class at the recent Italian champs)...

but both Kudiamagomedov and Conyedo do not have the Italian passport yet...and it could take a very long time before they get it, so probably this season they will only be able to wrestle in the international "minor" tournaments under a provisional authorization (like it happened for Frank Chamizo in 2014), but they won't represent Italy in any major event like Europeans and/or Worlds...

still, I hope they'll get the Italian passport before the 2019 European Games...it would be a nice improvement for our starving team (it looks here it's impossibe to raise any good Italian born wrestler anymore :cry::facepalm:)...

48 minutes ago, MHSN said:

looks like after Frank Chamizo , Italy wlil have another world class freestyle wrestler, Shamil Kudiamagomedov 2016 Euro Champion just wrestled in Ukraine tournament under Italian flag.

How they became italian?

54 minutes ago, phelps said:

There's an Egyptian wrestler named Ibrahim Ghanem , he plays in Greco Roman -71 kg and he escaped in November after world U23 championship and went to Italy but i don't know anything about him since that , i know my question can be weired , but didn't u hear about him anything in Italy ?