website statistics

Track Cycling at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I loved those chubby motorbikes :( Why and when did they remove them?

As for the when: I saw these new thingies for the first time in Rio.

And the why: I think you can guess why they went for an electric bike instead of the fuel-powered smoke machines :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I loved those chubby motorbikes :( Why and when did they remove them?

It’s part of the local culture. In Japan they use fit ex-cyclists on slightly modified bikes. In Belgium & Holland it is fat 60-year old bar-owners on petrol bikes improvised during the Nazi occupation. In the Americas it is Latino youths on Harley-Davisons.

Just now, Grassmarket said:

It’s part of the local culture. In Japan they use fit ex-cyclists on slightly modified bikes. In Belgium & Holland it is fat 60-year old bar-owners on petrol bikes improvised to burn turnip leaves during the Nazi occupation. In the Americas it is Latino youths on Harley-Davisons.

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And the why: I think you can guess why they went for an electric bike instead of the fuel-powered smoke machines :p

I suppose they need a bigger marketing to sell those electric bikes, otherwise i don't see any other reason. :p

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

I suppose they need a bigger marketing to sell those electric bikes, otherwise i don't see any other reason. :p

You genuinely don't see the reason, or don't you agree with the reason? :d 

Because changing those diesel-powered things for something electric and so way less dirty is a really obvious reason :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Excellent repechages for the Malaysians :cheer: