website statistics

Track Cycling at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Just now, heywoodu said:

I may be naive, but I'm holding on to a bit of hope that people (other than federation officials or something) aren't so pathetic? :( 

Depends how much propaganda was built around China potentially topping the medal table.

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

yeah controversial...

but if it was the other way with Wild crashing the Japanes would be DSQ immediately.

I am done with that double meter in all sports.

Based on what? Only TTO got DQ'd in the whole cycling program. And that was rightly so because he was riding all over the blue patch like a maniac.

#banbestmen

17 minutes ago, dcro said:

I guess Jennifer Valente is the most hated person in China right now?

Jennifer Valente and the US women’s basketball team. But we still have a Chinese boxer contending for a gold medal this afternoon.

Countries shying away from hosting the Olympics/other multi sporting events need to look at Canada. Hosted the 2015 Pan American Games, which built the only velodrome in Canada + a new pool in Toronto (there were only two, older pool in all of the region). And it has turned around and provided Canada with 1/3 of its medals here. Without the facilities, I doubt Canada would have this level of success.  This is also a successful legacy, something that is always omitted when discussing these mega events.