website statistics

Track Cycling at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

35 minutes ago, dcro said:

I assume the athletes only need the team doctor's clearance to use these tapes in competition. If so, the story ends there.

Considering how UCI loves using the sock rule, I would be surprised if they haven't checked it to make sure. It does afterall feel a bit like a gray area.

30 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Chinese gold medallists in Cycling Bao Shanju and Zhong Tianshi wore badges featuring the head of the country's former leader Mao Zedong during a medal ceremony.

20210802_221404.jpg

No politics at the olympics ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

47 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Chinese gold medallists in Cycling Bao Shanju and Zhong Tianshi wore badges featuring the head of the country's former leader Mao Zedong during a medal ceremony.

20210802_221404.jpg

And of course it shows complete wooden-headeness because under Mao competitive sports were banned, sports people spent their time exercising with pig manure & China did not enter any teams in the Olympics.  :mirror:

10 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

No, you can't have a re-run.  

yes, you can if the crash happens in the 1st kilometer and it's due to a technical failure (which means you can't have a re-run in any case if you go down by yourself or because of an exchange mistake)...

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

yes, you can if the crash happens in the 1st kilometer and it's due to a technical failure (which means you can't have a re-run in any case if you go down by yourself or because of an exchange mistake)...

Yeah, but I count employing incompetent Aussie mechanics as rider error. :cycling:

Track cycling just seems a matter of who is willing to spend the most money 

Spending on technology for one team only may be appropriate for Formula One or America's Cup  but I think is totally inappropriate  for the Olympic principle of universality 

Like every non Brit I really dislike their values 

If you look at the UK media you will see that even many Brits are very cynical about their cycling  especially with  the wide spread doping suspicions .

Sure the individuals may be good athletes but it's DDR all over again 

This sport hardly exists outside the Olympics  ( the Brits openly say they couldn't care less about non Olympic events for track cycling )

I know track cycling has a long history but that was when equipment was standardised 

It should be high on everyone's list of events to be dropped