website statistics

Taekwondo 2018 Discussion Thread

thepharoah

In case anybody didn't notice before they are using a new scoring system in this Grand Slam tournament. set scoring system. something like  Tennis. which means each round will be counted separately and you need to win 2 rounds to win a match. something like what we had in wrestling from 2005 to 2012. which is a terrible idea. I hope they won't decide to use it in all competitions. for now this is a test but they are thinking about making it official :facepalm:

btw. Vladislav Larin dominated the Grand Prix series in super heavyweight. probably the best Taekwondo athlete in 2018 but I see he lost in the first round here to just some random guy from China ! :yikes:

Edited by MHSN

23 minutes ago, MHSN said:

In case anybody didn't notice before they are using a new scoring system in this Grand Slam tournament. set scoring system. something like  Tennis. which means each rough will be counted separately and you need to win 2 rounds to win a match. something like what we had in wrestling from 2005 to 2012. which is a terrible idea. I hope they won't decide to use it in all competitions. for now this is a test but they are thinking about making it official :facepalm:

What do they do, if they tie in two rounds? There's a golden point in each?

11 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I'm not 100% sure but it seems we will have Golden Score only if they are tried after 3 rounds. if I'm not wrong in case of a tie they consider that round null.

they consider that Golden Score round as a separate round that's why we have lots of 2-1 results. some of them are probably 1-1 (plus golden score)

8 ore fa, mrv86 ha scritto:

It's like @MHSN wrote: tied rounds are just ignored, then if the score is tied after the total of the 3 rounds, there's the Golden Point phase...

p.s. and in each round you automatically lose that stint at the 5th Gam-jeong (for instance, our Dell'Aquila in the men's -58kg earlier this morning lost to the Thai Olympic Silver medallist because of that when he was ahead in the score with only 20 secs to go in the 3rd and decisive round :facepalm::wall:)...

it looks like the old Wrestling kind of scoring system used, among others, at the Beijing Olympics...

personally, I really hate it...I find it unfair...you can score the grand total of 2 points in the whole match and your opponent can score 20 points and you still have a chance to win it...it sucks big time! :facepalm::wall:

p.p.s. yesterday there were 3 matches gone to the Golden Point: :TUR Nur Tatar over :CHN Gao Pan (women's -67kg), :CHN Li Chen over :BRA Raphaella Galacho (women's +67kg) and :IRI Sajjad Mardani over :USA Stephen Lambdin (men's +80kg)