website statistics

Will the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled?

Will the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled?

• Yes, the Olympic Games will be cancelled
    • No, the Olympic Games will be held

Really surprised a out no international volunteers because all bring in some with English/French speaking skills. They are going to have to find people within Japan to replace them.

Also atm they are recruiting and international workforce atm....bizarre.

2 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

Just been confirmed no international fans or volunteers.

I still think some nations will pull out of the games even if they go ahead - especially countries that have eliminated the virus or by vaccination will have mostly eliminated it by July - because the difficulties in quarantining after they return might be too difficult. 

Difficulties in quarantining?  So an entire country might not go to the Olympics because you think it'll be too hard for them to spend 14 days isolated in their home afterwards?  I don't think so.

Smaller countries will find a way to figure this out.  It won't be that difficult.  Especially if we're in a better place with regard to the pandemic by July than we are now

So which nations have a lot of people working in Japan (other than Japan, duh)? Maybe the US? Those nations will probably have a few fans "from home" as long as the venues won't have to be closed down from all spectators. 

9 minutes ago, Vektor said:

So which nations have a lot of people working in Japan (other than Japan, duh)? Maybe the US? Those nations will probably have a few fans "from home" as long as the venues won't have to be closed down from all spectators. 

Brazil due to all the Brazilian’s of Japanese ethnicity who have moved there. 

9 minutes ago, Vektor said:

According to Wikipedia the following nations have the biggest diasporas in Japan:

China (800k)

South Korea (450k)

Vietnam (400k)

Philippines (300k)

Brazil (200k)

Western nations with the biggest diasporas:

USA (60k)

UK (18k)

France (14k)

Australia (12k)

Canada (11k)

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, Quaker2001 said:

Difficulties in quarantining?  So an entire country might not go to the Olympics because you think it'll be too hard for them to spend 14 days isolated in their home afterwards?  I don't think so.

Smaller countries will find a way to figure this out.  It won't be that difficult.  Especially if we're in a better place with regard to the pandemic by July than we are now

don't try to talk logic with this guy :d he is doing this like a job. like someone is paying him to write these things. :p

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

don't try to talk logic with this guy :d he is doing this like a job. like someone is paying him to write these things. :p

I know, I've seen some of his posts before.  I'm not established enough here to respond to him like I really want and that might also get me in trouble

4 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

Just been confirmed no international fans or volunteers.

I still think some nations will pull out of the games even if they go ahead - especially countries that have eliminated the virus or by vaccination will have mostly eliminated it by July - because the difficulties in quarantining after they return might be too difficult. 

Can you pull out from this site as well?

• 2 weeks later...