website statistics

Skateboarding 2018 Dicussion Thread

phelps

• 5 months later...

A guy from Košice won yesterday a "apparently according to our medias something like a World Cup stage" event in Paris :yikes: Never heard about him, never heard anything about this sport in SVK and never heard anything about this competition...but local medias are trying to persuade me that he can "has a shot" to qualify for the Olympics in Tokyo. :lol:

50 minutes ago, hckosice said:

A guy from Košice won yesterday a "apparently according to our medias something like a World Cup stage" event in Paris :yikes: Never heard about him, never heard anything about this sport in SVK and never heard anything about this competition...but local medias are trying to persuade me that he can "has a shot" to qualify for the Olympics in Tokyo. :lol:

I don't know how accurate these rankings are but if you remove the extra Americans and Brazilians he would be 14th in the rankings and qualify for Tokyo

https://theboardr.com/globalrank?discipline=1&sex=All&age=All

Edited by Dragon

2 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I don't how accurate these rankings are but if you remove the extra Americans and Brazilians he would be 14th in the rankings and qualify for Tokyo

https://theboardr.com/globalrank?discipline=1&sex=All&age=All

wow, so it´s not a fake news then. Great :d How many will exactly qualify and how many per country ?

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

wow, so it´s not a fake news then. Great :d How many will exactly qualify and how many per country ?

20 in each event.

Top 3 in World Championship, 16 from world rankings plus 1 from host nation.

Must be 1 competitor from each continent so Africa will probably take the place of the 16th in the world rankings.

Maximum 3 from each country

Edited by Dragon

5 minutes ago, Dragon said:

20 in each event.

Top 3 in World Championship, 16 from world rankings plus 1 from host nation.

Must be 1 competitor from each continent so Africa will probably take the place of the 16th in the world rankings.

Maximum 3 from each country

Thanks.

Yeah I checked it in the Qualification thread. So 15 from reduced ranking in Street and 15 in Park...gonna be hard for him, I guess. Next year surely there will be a plenty of new names entering the competitions aiming for the Olympics so the ranking will very likely looks totally different.

Anyway what´s exactly the differences between Street and Park ? So the guy is competing in Street, I assume from the ranking you posted, correct ? :lol:

Sorry for silly questions, but I have absolutely no idea about what´s going on at all :d

45 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Thanks.

Yeah I checked it in the Qualification thread. So 15 from reduced ranking in Street and 15 in Park...gonna be hard for him, I guess. Next year surely there will be a plenty of new names entering the competitions aiming for the Olympics so the ranking will very likely looks totally different.

Anyway what´s exactly the differences between Street and Park ? So the guy is competing in Street, I assume from the ranking you posted, correct ? :lol:

Sorry for silly questions, but I have absolutely no idea about what´s going on at all :d

Park is your typical staking area, usually involving a “bowl” (which is a series of bumps or curves dug into the ground, think a common house swimming pool).

Street is like when you see skateboarders out in the town. It involves rails and other types of industrial or town architecture for skaters to perform tricks off of.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Park is your typical staking area, usually involving a “bowl” (which is a series of bumps or curves dug into the ground, think a common house swimming pool).

Street is like when you see skateboarders out in the town. It involves rails and other types of industrial or town architecture for skaters to perform tricks off of.

Though park has lately taken some inspiration from street making the difference smaller.