website statistics

Sprint Canoeing at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I dreamed an entire Olympic final last night. I thought I was still awake watching an event, only to realize that I’d been asleep for around 2 hours…

Last night I dreamed that Canada won gold in women's football on penalties after missing three attempts in a row, but that's obviously too fantastical to be real.

It's hard to say how the conditions changed everything or how much some boats got tired, but both Poland and New Zealand had a slower final than the SF while we and Belarus peaked in the final. I think in the case of the Kiwis they got tired by the end of it, after all they had 4 women's kayak athletes for 4 events while we had 6. 

Edit: Still, massive kudos to Carrington, 3 gold medals and a 4th place is an amazing achievement, I doubt we will ever see something like this again. 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Queiroz stepping onto the podium with a kamehameha :d:bowdown: (for those who know)

Noah Lyles did a "give me your energy" pose before the 200m finals, and the Chinese 4x100m men's team did a synchronized kamehameha before the finals yesterday. DBZ fans are taking over the Olympics :D

Just now, NearPup said:

Noah Lyles did a "give me your energy" pose before the 200m finals, and the Chinese 4x100m men's team did a synchronized kamehameha before the finals yesterday. DBZ fans are taking over the Olympics :D

:cheer: 

And a quick Twitter search for 'kamehameha' suggests half of Brazil is still up and watching :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Bronze for Slovakia :hyper: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ronald Rauhe with his second Olympic gold, 17 (!) years after his first one!