website statistics

Judo 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen

4 hours ago, phelps said:

it looks that Mollaei decided to not take any risk and lost to the Japanese guy (who however went on to win the Gold Medal)...

p.s. in the following bout, Casse (BEL) beat Muki (ISR)...

I just watched the match it doesn't look like he is losing intentionally . he almost ipponed the Japanese guy early in the match .and he gave up score on his own attack and he was pretty upset with that final call which was dubious (at least to him) . but in competitions like this against such a good opponent you have to focus 100% to stand a chance but probably thinking about the next round possible Israel draw had some effects on his game

even if you are World Champion and World Rank 1. still losing to Japan in judo is no surprise :d they are always the favorite

1 ora fa, MHSN ha scritto:

I just watched the match it doesn't look like he is losing intentionally . he almost ipponed the Japanese guy early in the match .and he gave up score on his own attack and he was pretty upset with that final call which was dubious (at least to him) . but in competitions like this against such a good opponent you have to focus 100% to stand a chance but probably thinking about the next round possible Israel draw had some effects on his game

even if you are World Champion and World Rank 1. still losing to Japan in judo is no surprise :d they are always the favorite

yeah, I'm pretty sure he didn't do anything intentional to lose it...he didn't need it, as the Japanese guy is very good (I only saw the Gold Medal match)...