website statistics

Judo 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, dareza said:

looks like it is his 3rd name :d

Greek judoka Roman Moustopoulos, aka Vano Revazishvili, was European Junior Champion Judo in 2013 in Sarajevo. He won the Grand Prix of Tashkent in 2014 U81kg. In 2013 he won the Junior European title and a World Junior medal. He won bronze at the Grand Prix in Jeju 2015, Havana and Tbilisi in 2016.

44 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

looks like it is his 3rd name :d

Greek judoka Roman Moustopoulos, aka Vano Revazishvili, was European Junior Champion Judo in 2013 in Sarajevo. He won the Grand Prix of Tashkent in 2014 U81kg. In 2013 he won the Junior European title and a World Junior medal. He won bronze at the Grand Prix in Jeju 2015, Havana and Tbilisi in 2016.

Wow,competes for whoever pays more. Cant think what would have been if he was better. Probably UAE. 

Just now, ChandlerMne said:

Wow,competes for whoever pays more. Cant think what would have been if he was better. Probably UAE. 

Apparently left Georgia because there was barely a serious chance in Georgia's rather strong team. After that, it's hard to blame someone when yet another country comes along and could make you financially independent (he was already out of his home country for other reasons anyway, so why not leave Greece as well). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Apparently left Georgia because there was barely a serious chance in Georgia's rather strong team. After that, it's hard to blame someone when yet another country comes along and could make you financially independent (he was already out of his home country for other reasons anyway, so why not leave Greece as well). 

I agree to some level,but 3rd country for a relativelly young athlete.... nowadays usual thing but where is ethics there? He is just picking shortcuts to success. Personally, i dislike this, especially when i see Turkey and Azerbaijan as target countries. Maybe i am that old school that was following sport in 90ies where those decisions were rare,almost non existent. Who knows :d

Just now, ChandlerMne said:

I agree to some level,but 3rd country for a relativelly young athlete.... nowadays usual thing but where is ethics there? He is just picking shortcuts to success. Personally, i dislike this, especially when i see Turkey and Azerbaijan as target countries. Maybe i am that old school that was following sport in 90ies where those decisions were rare,almost non existent. Who knows :d

Well I'm also not a fan of it :p 

I just mean I can (to some agree) understand it. Who knows for example what his personal situation is, maybe Turkey's money can get him from barely getting by to having no financial worries anymore, something like that. I'd find it hard to say no then when I already am not competing for my home country anymore anyway :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Maybe you don't know but Mihael Zgank is not Slovenian anymore, he will compete for Turkey in future ;) I can't wait to see his new name :lol:

Edited by dareza