website statistics

Weightlifting 2018 Discussion Thread

VolleyRuller96

5 hours ago, MHSN said:

That makes sense his result is too good for someone new. but how come they just put two parts of his name to create a new name ? :d and also changed his birthdate.

https://www.iwf.net/new_bw/athletes_newbw/?athlete=fares-hassouna-1998-01-01&id=13946

https://www.iwf.net/new_bw/athletes_newbw/?athlete=elbakh-fares-ibrahim-e.-h.-1998-06-04&id=13315

Another Olympic gold for Iran... Oleksiy Torokhtiy has tested positive for the 2012 Olympics

Edited by Dragon

32 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Another Olympic gold for Iran... Oleksiy Torokhtiy has tested positive for the 2012 Olympics

wow I just see that. we also have Ruslan Nurudinov in that list, he finished 4th in that Olympic thought but he will miss 2020 Olympics.

but seriously that was surprising now. I thought we are done with IOC re-testing 2012 Olympics was already best ever Olympics for Iran. if Official it will make 6 gold medals. 3 of them in weightlifting ! (3 gold and 2 silver out of 6 athletes and the last one Moradi bombed out)

from that list, only Hristov also won a bronze which now will go to Vietnam

Torokhtiy's gold will go to Nasirshalal. Bonk of Poland will be upgraded to silver. and bronze will go to 5th placer (4th place was Nurudinov) also from Uzbekistan Efremov.

Nasirshalal was an average weightlifter who just had one good day in his whole career which was the most important day too. some people are just born lucky. he wasn't even supposed to go to London.

PS: I assume in couple of years. maybe more. we will hear about Nurudinov losing his 2016 Gold medal. his sadden improvement was too surprising. actually Uzbekistan was very weak in Weightlifting until 2012 but all of a sudden they became strong. looks like they took some lessons from Kazakhstan !

Edited by MHSN

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

wow I just see that. we also have Ruslan Nurudinov in that list, he finished 4th in that Olympic thought but he will miss 2020 Olympics.

but seriously that was surprising now. I thought we are done with IOC re-testing 2012 Olympics was already best ever Olympics for Iran. if Official it will make 6 gold medals. 3 of them in weightlifting ! (3 gold and 2 silver out of 6 athletes and the last one Moradi bombed out)

from that list, only Hristov also won a bronze which now will go to Vietnam

Torokhtiy's gold will go to Nasirshalal. Bonk of Poland will be upgraded to silver. and bronze will go to 5th placer (4th place was Nurudinov) also from Uzbekistan Efremov.

Nasirshalal was an average weightlifter who just had one good day in his whole career which was the most important day too. some people are just born lucky. he wasn't even supposed to go to London.

The IOC have been doing another round of retesting of 2012 samples this year. So far they've caught 2 athletes and 5 weightlifters,

It's possible there will be more

7 minutes ago, Dragon said:

The IOC have been doing another round of retesting of 2012 samples this year. So far they've caught 2 athletes and 5 weightlifters,

It's possible there will be more

yeah I guess so. did IOC announced the names of 2 athletes ? or it's just IWF that announces names so fast ?

with these 5, we already have 29 positive tests from Weightlifting in that Olympics :facepalm: (including 16 medalists )!!

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

yeah I guess so. did IOC announced the names of 2 athletes ? or it's just IWF that announces names so fast ?

with these 5, we already have 29 positive tests from Weightlifting in that Olympics :facepalm: (including 16 medalists )!!

The IOC have announced nothing. The news of the two athletes (Ivoninskaya of Kazakhstan and Radevica of Latvia) was announced by the IAAF here https://www.athleticsintegrity.org/disciplinary-process/provisional-suspensions-in-force

IWF also announced some few more lists in their Anti-Doping news section. only two of them are notable. both from Thailand Teerapat CHOMCHUEN and Duanganksnorn CHAIDEE.

Chomchuen won a bronze medal in CJ at the World Championships. that medal will go to Rusev from Bulgaria

Chaidee won 2 bronze medals (CJ and total) in women's superheavyweight. both of her bronze medals will go to PRK.

she also won a bronze medal at the Asian Games in Jakarta. I wonder if this doping thing happened during the World Champs or before that at the AG. but I assume that happened in Ashgabat and she won't lose her AG medal.

Christina Iovu is also in the list because of violation of Article 2.2 :mumble: she won a bronze in CJ at the Worlds

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

IWF also announced some few more lists in their Anti-Doping news section. only two of them are notable. both from Thailand Teerapat CHOMCHUEN and Duanganksnorn CHAIDEE.

Chomchuen won a bronze medal in CJ at the World Championships. that medal will go to Rusev from Bulgaria

Chaidee won 2 bronze medals (CJ and total) in women's superheavyweight. both of her bronze medals will go to PRK.

she also won a bronze medal at the Asian Games in Jakarta. I wonder if this doping thing happened during the World Champs or before that at the AG. but I assume that happened in Ashgabat and she won't lose her AG medal.

Christina Iovu is also in the list because of violation of Article 2.2 :mumble: she won a bronze in CJ at the Worlds

Use or Attempted Use by an Athlete of a
Prohibited Substance or a Prohibited Method

2.2.1 It is each Athlete’s personal duty to ensure
that no Prohibited Substance enters his or her
body and that no Prohibited Method is Used.
Accordingly, it is not necessary that intent, Fault,
negligence or knowing Use on the Athlete’s
part be demonstrated in order to establish an
anti-doping rule violation for Use of a Prohibited
Substance or a Prohibited Method.

2.2.2 The success or failure of the Use or Attempted
Use of a Prohibited Substance or Prohibited
Method is not material. It is sufficient that the
Prohibited Substance or Prohibited Method was
Used or Attempted to be Used for an anti-doping

rule violation to be committed