website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI World Tour 2021

Totallympics

I always forget how early in the season Paris-Nice is. It feels a little too early for stage racing to me, but quite the race so far. 

I think they’re averaging about 4/5 crashes a stage at the moment, so hopefully they rein that in a little bit. George Bennett’s New Zealand Champ jersey looks nice. Nice win for Bol.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I always forget how early in the season Paris-Nice is. It feels a little too early for stage racing to me, but quite the race so far. 

I think they’re averaging about 4/5 crashes a stage at the moment, so hopefully they rein that in a little bit. George Bennett’s New Zealand Champ jersey looks nice. Nice win for Bol.

Always the case early in the season, those crashes :p It's sort of the cycling version of ring rust after a long winter.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

I'm living for these gladiator battles Van Der Poel vs. Van Aert vs. Alaphilippe that we are going to get all year :bowdown: We only need Sagan to somehow find his old form and make it a fatal 4-way. :p

This is gonna be such an epic Ronde on 4 April :d 

Milan - San Remo will have all three of them as well, but usually has a bit less potential for epic stuff :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Wow, Primoz Roglic sprints the almost already celebrating Gino Mäder out of his first World Tour win :yikes: 

Looked like nobody had even informed Mäder that there was someone coming, could be an epic mistake from the team..

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Wow, Primoz Roglic sprints the almost already celebrating Gino Mäder out of his first World Tour win :yikes: 

Looked like nobody had even informed Mäder that there was someone coming, could be an epic mistake from the team..

Yeah, Roglič had two hits.  First time he didn’t get there, and Mäder still had a 10 sec gap.  I will bet that at the point the team told him “You’ve got this!”  Then Roglič put in a second hit.....

Over in Italy, Pogučar is also dominating.

Wow, that was some battle between Van der Poel and Pogacar :hyper: