website statistics

Triathlon at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Just now, Grassmarket said:

Klamer crosses the line in fourth: thinks she has won

Yeah no this doesn't work again :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

They wont get as much spotlight here as our medalists, but our athletes in triathlon did such a good job, a 12th place in the women's race after yesterday's 7th place, both are our best results in these events. Nice to see that we are finally improving in this sport. 

Also, congrats to :BER, a historic gold is a great way to start the day. 

Fiona Duffy went to school in Devon, England. Got this great post from a British athletics forum.

She was Devon Under 15 Cross Champion (I think it was U/15, may have been U/17) back in the day when studying at Kelly College in Tavistock. (I only remember this as the athlete she beat into second was an athlete I was part of the support team for, and we thought she was nailed on for the title until Duffy appeared from nowhere)

Of course I am ecstatic for Flora Duffy and Bermuda winning a gold in triathlon of all sports. Science fiction. :bowdown:

But I am also angry at myself for:

A) oversleeping the race,

B) accidentally finding out about the outcome while scrolling through the Tokyo website.

Nevertheless, I watched it now, and the race was still fantastic. :d

Cheers for :BER:BER:BER Flora Duffy! :cheer::toast:

#banbestmen