website statistics

Men's Water Polo FINA Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, dharang said:

In that case (i.e. Greece=1A, Montenegro=2B), it will be most probably Croatia v. Montenegro in one of the semifinals, and Greece v. 3A/2B (might be Canada or Russia) in the other. Then either CRO or MNE will be in 3rd place game.

Of course it is possible that we lose to Montenegro, but I personally think that game could go either way. I do not think it is fair to expect that Montenegro will beat us. We usually beat them or draw with them in recent years.

5 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Of course it is possible that we lose to Montenegro, but I personally think that game could go either way. I do not think it is fair to expect that Montenegro will beat us. We usually beat them or draw with them in recent years.

Yes I do think too that all games between the Big 3 are open-ended esentially, results-wise.

PS. and you have a point that it is fair to assume that CRO will beat RUS, but GRE v. MNE can go either way.

Day 2 Results

A

:GRE - :BRA  15-8

:MNE - :CAN  21-7

:GEO Rest Day

Provisional Standing After Day 2

1.  :GRE 4

2. :MNE 2*

3. :CAN 2

4. :GEO 0*

------------

5. :BRA 0

*Played 1 match less

B

:ROU - :RUS  9-9

:FRA - :GER  13-12

:CRO - :NED  25-8

Provisional Standing After Day 2

1.  :CRO 4

2. :RUS 3

3. :FRA 2

4. :NED 2

------------

5. :ROU 1

6. :GER 0

Well there goes Canada's (slim) chance at qualifying. It was always going to be a tough ask to defeat one of :CRO:GRE:MNE but anything could happen in a single match. Now we will have to defeat Croatia (the strongest of the three IMO) just to have two chances to defeat another stronger opponent.