website statistics

Volleyball 2018 Discussion Thread

VolleyRuller96

As we know, the men's EuroVolley 2019 will take place between 13 and 30 September in :BEL:FRA , :NED and :SLO and feature 24 teams.

We now also know that the host cities in France will be Montpellier, Nantes and Paris.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Also, rumours say that for some reason Czech Republic won't organise the women's eurovolley :( But at the other hand, their place as a host was apparently taken by Slovakia, so it won't be a big deal ;) Also, this is the first time :HUN and  :SVK would host any serious volleyball competition outside the World League :d

So the Hosts of next year's championshis now are supposed to be:

:BEL :FRA :NED:SLO in men's championship

:HUN :POL :SVK :TUR in women's championship. 

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

This saturday will start the Playoff Scudetto Unipolsai (Men Volleyball), who do you think will win the Italian championship?
I will ask the same for the girls when P.O. will start (17th/18th of March).

Tabellone-Play-off-SL-CL-2018-Milano-6--696x522.jpg

BTW some new rules are going to happen in the Superlega in the next years:
- in 2018/19 Superlega will have 15 teams and 3 relegations; in A2, 28 teams and 2 tournaments
- in 2019/20 there will be 3 championship: Superlega (13 teams, 2 relegations); the serie A2 will be divided into Serie A and Serie A2
- in 2020/21 SUperlega will have 12 teams and 1 relegation; Serie A will have 12 teams and Serie A2 will have two tournaments of 10 teams each
All the teams in the Superlega will have to have teams in Serie B (Junior League Over 17/Under 20); All the teams in serie A2 will have to have a team in Serie C with Under 18.

source

23 hours ago, leli. said:

This saturday will start the Playoff Scudetto Unipolsai (Men Volleyball), who do you think will win the Italian championship?
I will ask the same for the girls when P.O. will start (17th/18th of March).

Tabellone-Play-off-SL-CL-2018-Milano-6--696x522.jpg

BTW some new rules are going to happen in the Superlega in the next years:
- in 2018/19 Superlega will have 15 teams and 3 relegations; in A2, 28 teams and 2 tournaments
- in 2019/20 there will be 3 championship: Superlega (13 teams, 2 relegations); the serie A2 will be divided into Serie A and Serie A2
- in 2020/21 SUperlega will have 12 teams and 1 relegation; Serie A will have 12 teams and Serie A2 will have two tournaments of 10 teams each
All the teams in the Superlega will have to have teams in Serie B (Junior League Over 17/Under 20); All the teams in serie A2 will have to have a team in Serie C with Under 18.

source

As far as Italian league goes, I am a huge Modena and Civitanova fan, so my dream final would be between those two clubs :d Sadly one of them will be eliminated in semis :( 

Also I would not complain if a serious surprise would take place ( like in women's Poland Cup where a team from the II division defeated the winners from last year and advanced to semifinal.)

52 minuti fa, VolleyRuller96 ha scritto:

As far as Italian league goes, I am a huge Modena and Civitanova fan, so my dream final would be between those two clubs :d Sadly one of them will be eliminated in semis :( 

Also I would not complain if a serious surprise would take place ( like in women's Poland Cup where a team from the II division defeated the winners from last year and advanced to semifinal.)

Yep, I'm ready for everything (or almost haha)!
I see Perugia so well right now, but who knows...

• 1 month later...

My favourite club, PGE Skra Belchatow won Polish Championships yesterday after a win over Zaksa :d its the 1st time since 2014 and 9th overall :d

Also, last time they won the PlusLiga in 2014, our NT won gold at the World Championships. Now they win again and it's the world championship season... :evil:

• 2 weeks later...

FIVB  decided that there won't be any free streaming for the upcoming games of Nations League or the World Championship. :wall:

In the previous editions, people were able to watch the games for free on YouTube - the interest was huge even in the lower divisions (I remember a :TPEgame once had nearly 20.000 people viewing the livestream)  and the last edition of World League helped FIVB's channel get over 50.000  new subscribers.

But now, the FIVB decided that, in order to promote volleyball and reach even bigger global audience they are starting their own OTT channel (just as Netflix or Hulu). 

But wait , there is even more "great news", as according to American sources the yearly subscription will cost between 150-200 $:wacko:

4 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

FIVB  decided that there won't be any free streaming for the upcoming games of Nations League or the World Championship. :wall:

In the previous editions, people were able to watch the games for free on YouTube - the interest was huge even in the lower divisions (I remember a :TPEgame once had nearly 20.000 people viewing the livestream)  and the last edition of World League helped FIVB's channel get over 50.000  new subscribers.

But now, the FIVB decided that, in order to promote volleyball and reach even bigger global audience they are starting their own OTT channel (just as Netflix or Hulu). 

But wait , there is even more "great news", as according to American sources the yearly subscription will cost between 150-200 $:wacko:

I think it will be only second paid IF channel (after FEI TV).