website statistics

Beach Volleyball 2018 Discussion Thread

George_D

in the women's division, :BRA Agatha/Duda won the Tour Finals with a clear 2-0 (21-15, 21-19) success over  :CZE Hermannova/Slukova in the Gold Medal match.

Bronze Medal went to :AUS Clancy/Artacho Del Solar (2-1 over :BRA Maria Antonelli/Carol).

Edited by phelps

10 hours ago, wumo26 said:

Another victory for :NORMol/Sorum in Beach Volleyball FIVB World Tour Finals. :champion:

They have now won their last 4 tournaments: 5-star Gstaad, European Championship, 5-star Vienna and now the World Tour Finals in Hamburg. 

They have won 253.000 $ in the last four consecutive tournaments which is a new record, beating :USAKarch Kiraly and Kent Steffes record from 1993-1994:thumbup:

They have also won 24 of their last 25 matches including a winning streak of 22 matches :bowdown:

This is insane :bowdown:

Only a month and a week ago (!) they got Norway's first World Tour win in 20 years, and now they're winning literally everything :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

I'm puzzled, how can a country with the weather of Norway be good at beach volleyball but suck at indoor?

Because Norwegians are hardcore and don't give two f*cks about a bit of cold :cool:

Besides, have you seen how the Norwegian outdoor looks? I don't care if it's -10 degrees man, I'd prefer that over any indoor court every day of the year :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This is insane :bowdown:

Only a month and a week ago (!) they got Norway's first World Tour win in 20 years, and now they're winning literally everything :d 

Another crazy thing is they actually considered to stop their partnership because the results wasn't good enough.  They played a tournament with new partners in June, but started to play together again the next tournament. 

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Because Norwegians are hardcore and don't give two f*cks about a bit of cold :cool:

Besides, have you seen how the Norwegian outdoor looks? I don't care if it's -10 degrees man, I'd prefer that over any indoor court every day of the year :d 

Then explain Latvia. They don't even have the mountains. :p

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Then explain Latvia. They don't even have the mountains. :p

Because the only other option there is working for shirt dot gov, obviously.

Spoiler

12 ore fa, LDOG ha scritto:

I'm puzzled, how can a country with the weather of Norway be good at beach volleyball but suck at indoor?

because to be constantly good in a true team sport you need a lot of people practicing that activity (and in Norway they don't have that many volleyball players), meanwhile it's a lot easier once every while to find a pair working well together and establishing among the best in the world...

for what concerns the weather, we all know that all the best players are used to travel around the world the whole year, looking for the hot sun (even the Italian players always spend our winter/early spring in the Brazilian summer to find a better climate than in Italy...I mean, Italy...where we have 20 degrees or more around Christmas in the southern regions)...

so, that makes it a non-factor, after all (and still, they also train a lot indoor even in beach volley, especially the youngsters who don't travel the world so much as the professionals)...

p.s. by the way, it's full of European Countries with the same "problem" of Norway...look at Latvia, Austria, Czech Republic (mainly among the women), Switzerland (a few years ago they had 3 pairs fixed in the top 10 of the world ranking and won even Olympic medals)...the same Germany (recently they improved a lot also in indoor volleyball, but their men basically has always been competitive only in beach volley...and the women's results, despite being better than the men's, are also not comparable in terms of global success between indoor and beach...in favor of the outdoor version, of course)...

• 2 months later...

The Beach Volley Vikings conquer another title. :NOR Mol and Sorum win fifth title in a row in Las Vegas, after a 21-13, 21-17 victory over :POL Fijalek and Bryl. :champion:

Enjoy your bottles, boys. You deserve it.  :thumbup:

GetImage.asmx?No=79817&type=Press&width=920&height=588&stretch=uniformtofill

Edited by wumo26

Em 8/20/2018 at 04:27, phelps disse:

they also train a lot indoor even in beach volley, especially the youngsters who don't travel the world so much as the professionals)...

This is exactly why I think the "summer" in Summer Olympic Games is a farce. Not only indoor sports (volleyball, gymnastics) do not depend on the weather, even sports that were supposed to be played on the beach can be replicated in an indoor environment.