website statistics

Athletics 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen

1 hour ago, hukbrazil said:

That's what I call "long-term bet" :roflmao:

My bet on Wozniacki to win a Grand Slam took me 7-8 years to be paid out :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Caster Semenya wins 400m in 50,06 :p

Disappointed, did she save for the 800 and/or 1500 meter? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Christian Taylor - the triple-jumper - just finished 3rd in the 400m Hurdles :whistle:

Steven Gardiner wins in 44,43 (only 0,02 slower than his silver medal winning run from London last year).

Wait what? :yikes:

I knew he was gonna do the 400m a lot this season, but hurdles? Cool :d 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb hukbrazil:

That's what I call "long-term bet" :roflmao:

Very good to take it that early, right now i would almost say that the odds are 50/50. Don't know if the bet was already up earlier but in my opinion even at the start of the year i would have taken the bet for the same odds (if i would bet money).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 47 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

My bet on Wozniacki to win a Grand Slam took me 7-8 years to be paid out :p 

Wasn't she number 1 back then ... the odds can't have been very good? Probably would have been better to invest all that money into the greek government bond ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Wasn't she number 1 back then ... the odds can't have been very good? Probably would have been better to invest all that money into the greek government bond ...

Odds were 3.5 or 3.75 or something. Which I thought was pretty decent considering she was doing well in that time and she still would play a lot of Grand Slams.

Oh well, after all it was correct :)

Is 400 m hurdles the most competitve event right now?

Samba, Warholm, Benjamin ...

I think there is still a chance that none of them will win gold in this event in Tokyo.

Who would you guys consider the 10 biggest favorites (male or female) for Tokyo right now?