website statistics

[POLL] How was your 2017 speaking about Sports only?

vlad

How was your 2017 speaking about Sports only?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How was your 2017 speaking about Sports only?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/2019 at 01:00 AM

20 minutes ago, dcro said:

So the average feeling is somewhere between satisfactory and bad. :mumble:

As always I guess, since apparently people are more eager to remember negative things :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

For me, 2017 was a good year of sport (each year is a good year of sport!). It was not a year of olympics or major soccer cup (i mean fifa world cup or european nation cup) but i remember good and bad things.

Bad things: The last competition of Usain Bolt, he was the king of athletics and he don't win a gold medal on the world athletics at London. I remember his last race, the relay when he quite due to an injury, it was incredible. I don't see the finish of the others teams, i just see usain bolt who suffer and left the race.

I am disapointed (but not the same reason as usain bolt) about the result of the french women national team at the european nation cup, we are one of the favourite and we do a really small performance, no semi final, no final... The French Rugby team made also a really bad year with a lot of defeat.

Good things: The victory of Pierre Ambroise Bosse at the 800m of London 2017, it was incredible, i win despite his previous defeat in the past. The 10th victory of Rafael Nadal at Roland Garros is also a good thing because he made an incredible carrer in tennis (and it's not over). The victory of Yohan Diniz at the 50km walk was also a good memory because he win this race so difficult. He suffer of this race in the past, he quite at Beijing 2008, was disqualified at London 2012 and finish at Rio 2016 with stomach problem and a lot of difficulties. I will finish with the victory of France in the davis cup and the handball women world championship and i am hopeful for 2018. And the next years, of course. Love sport!

For Egypt , It was just fine , reaching WC for the 1st time since 28 years and African cup of nations final in football , but in many other sports our performances were disastrous maybe except weightlifting which we could have been able to achieve much more than we did , historic medal in Swimming , some good results in Taekwondo , many good results in Modern pentathlon, that's it all others were disastrous , we didn't participate even in many competitions this year due to Financial problems , maybe only wch we took part in. 

Overall , i see it a good year of Sport not exceptional we haven't seen many good competitions this year and extraordinary achievements , but this's ordinary in the year after Olympic games , i can't speak about winter games , cuz i didn't follow them at all 

I voted bad - i realize our football team qualified to World Cup, in Ski Jumping we had amazing 4 hill tournament, BUT our Handball NT did not qualify to the European Championship, our Volleyball team was a disaster throughout the season, and our clubs were barely any better, with all of them being eliminated as soon as the Champions League reached play-offs, and although i had low exectations, the EuroBasket also turned out worse then  expected. Justyna Kowalczyk sadly also did not achieve any overall good results - but here I don't really blame her. Sadly it's natural for athletes to become progressively weaker as they are nearing their career end. It's just too bad our cross country skiing does not exist without her :(

Edited by VolleyRuller96

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Il y a 22 heures , heywoodu a déclaré:

which I guess was ok, I don't really know :p Like always: good things, bad things, ok things. 

Pretty much this. Just like during the Olympics, not everything can goes to shit or be great.

Short term memory doesen't help neither. Apparently, according to wikipedia, there has been a men's Euro Volley this year. Go figure.

For me it was excellent, because every year, when I can be near sport is excellent. And this year I managed to be on many top competitions - Modern Pentathlon World Cup, Rowing World Cup (my debut as photoreporter only), Eventing European Championships, Water Polo European Championships qualification, Modern Pentathlon U24 European Championships and the biggest event ever I was at - EYOF in Győr.

I voted good. Our football team went very well in the qualifiers for the World Cup, our volleyball teams achieved good results, bigger than expected. In addition, sports that are traditionally strong, such as Judo, Beach Volleyball, Skateboarding and Surfing, have also had excellent results, as well as Canoeing with 5 finals in Olympic races and 2 medals (!!). Athletics, Swimming and Men's Handball also achieved some good results.

In the bad part, women's basketball is not going to the world championship, our women's handball team was eliminated in the first phase of the world championship. And gymnastics, well ... I expected more.

Good.

In term of badminton is quite good, we have Gideon/Sukamuljo that dominated the men's doubles, we won 1 gold in the World Championships, won 2 golds at World Junior Championships. But we were eliminated at the group stage of Sudirman Cup.

Our football is meh... Whatever, I just simply tired with that s**t.

We got 38 gold medals in SEA Games, the worst since 1977.. But the whole Games is quite controversial. Luckily our Para-Athletes became the overall champion at ASEAN Para Games.  We also have our first swimmer in FINA WC semifinal this year :d

Hopefully 2018 is better.

Edited by Griff88