website statistics

Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

heywoodu

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

:COL Causil finished in 20th place, finishing 0,54 seconds from the podium. Not a bad Olympic debut at all :yes

Only a 1 second difference between #1 and #27.

If Colombia keeps investing in speed skating they may very well end up winning medals, they have a ridiculous depth of tallent in inline. This is a very promising start.

hace 23 minutos, Nate River said:

If Colombia keeps investing in speed skating they may very well end up winning medals, they have a ridiculous depth of tallent in inline. This is a very promising start.

That is the plan. Once inline got snubbed from Tokyo 2020, COC finally understood that it was never gonna happen (took them long enough) and finally pulled the trigger on the switch (which is something that had been considered since Beijing 2008). As far as I know, the SLC camp is a permanent one. 

On 2/18/2018 at 12:34, dcro said:

So Lee gets "only" silver after getting golds in the previous two Olympics.

Question for @Dragon perhaps. :mumble: How many athletes failed to win gold at their home Olympics after winning golds at the previous two Games?

To be honest. at this point in the Games, my sleep pattern is so messed up I can barely tell you how many legs I've got. 

Questions like that are just too hard :(

Here's a couple...

:GRE Pyrros Dimas won gold in weightlifting in 1992, 1996 and 2000, but "only" won bronze at the 2004 Olympics in Athens.

Viktor Saneyev from the Soviet Union won gold in triple jump in 1968, 1972 and 1976 and then won silver at the 1980 Olympics in Moscow