website statistics

Auto Racing NASCAR Cup Series 2021

Totallympics

Warmup tonight and the Daytona 500 to kick off the year for real on Sunday already :hyper: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Michael McDowell wins the Daytona 500. Race got underway after a lengthy delay. Multiple crashes, including one that took out most of the leaders on the final lap. 11 cars finish the race on the lead lap. Only 20 or so cars even finish the race at all. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I'm a little confused now :p 

After the incident on lap 14 (?) and the subsequent red flag due to weather, it didn't restart anymore, did it? Just to know if I should avoid spoilers or if there's nothing to be spoiled yet :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

After the incident on lap 14 (?) and the subsequent red flag due to weather, it didn't restart anymore, did it? Just to know if I should avoid spoilers or if there's nothing to be spoiled yet :d 

yes, the race started again after a long delay...

including the stoppages (1 because a lightning hit the center of the raceway), it's been a 7-hour racenight...

and the post above yours, is a full spoiler of what happened after the 1st break at lap #14...

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

ps I have a question for you...

Is Ziggo showing all Nascar races (included Truck and Infinity series)? in such circumstance, Is the original language available?

because I have a couple of friends experiencing a lot of troubles with the Track Pass and maybe I could suggest them to opt for a Dutch subs instead of the Track Pass (it's a bit more expensive, but at least they could easily subscribe from Italy at no extra-cost)...:mumble:

21 hours ago, phelps said:

yes, the race started again after a long delay...

including the stoppages (1 because a lightning hit the center of the raceway), it's been a 7-hour racenight...

and the post above yours, is a full spoiler of what happened after the 1st break at lap #14...

Exactly the reason why, when asking questions like this, I block a part of my screen so I don't see any post other than my own :d 

Thanks though, I managed to watch the race without being spoilered :cheer: 

What a finish, damn. Very glad to see Keselowski and Logano get out quickly and Kyle Busch a little later as well, and McDowell winning...awesome!

21 hours ago, phelps said:

ps I have a question for you...

Is Ziggo showing all Nascar races (included Truck and Infinity series)? in such circumstance, Is the original language available?

because I have a couple of friends experiencing a lot of troubles with the Track Pass and maybe I could suggest them to opt for a Dutch subs instead of the Track Pass (it's a bit more expensive, but at least they could easily subscribe from Italy at no extra-cost)...:mumble:

Ziggo shows every single NASCAR Cup Series live (including the All-Star Race), no matter the day or time, with one unfortunate (and unintended) exception....this year's Daytona 500 :lol: Apparently they stopped the broadcast during the night, after the American announcers said goodbye for the day and said there was not gonna be anymore racing on Sunday. That was...unfortunate.

It's in Dutch commentary only though I think, possibly there's a second audio stream on other providers than mine (like I used to have on Eurosport on TV), but I doubt it. They switch to American commentary around pitstops and during long, long red flag situations. Truck and Xfinity are shown usually within a few days after the race in a sort of extended highlights edition.

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Ziggo shows every single NASCAR Cup Series live (including the All-Star Race), no matter the day or time, with one unfortunate (and unintended) exception....this year's Daytona 500 :lol: Apparently they stopped the broadcast during the night, after the American announcers said goodbye for the day and said there was not gonna be anymore racing on Sunday. That was...unfortunate.

It's in Dutch commentary only though I think, possibly there's a second audio stream on other providers than mine (like I used to have on Eurosport on TV), but I doubt it. They switch to American commentary around pitstops and during long, long red flag situations. Truck and Xfinity are shown usually within a few days after the race in a sort of extended highlights edition.

thanks...

I guess it's not enough for my hardcore fans friends (still they decided to renew their trackpass subscription)...

fortunately, I'm not a motorsports (and nascar in particular) fan, otherwise I'd get mad with trackpass malfunction as they described to me...

p.s. all TV networks had to stop their broadcasting on Sunday night, the US TV also stopped their live broadcast at a certain point (I read quite a few comments on the web...and many fans are not happy at all with Fox USA)...

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

thanks...

I guess it's not enough for my hardcore fans friends (still they decided to renew their trackpass subscription)...

fortunately, I'm not a motorsports (and nascar in particular) fan, otherwise I'd get mad with trackpass malfunction as they described to me...

p.s. all TV networks had to stop their broadcasting on Sunday night, the US TV also stopped their live broadcast at a certain point (I read quite a few comments on the web...and many fans are not happy at all with Fox USA)...

I wonder how they continued then, because they definitely continued on FOX (I downloaded found the entire race, a 7-hour video, all with the regular American FOX commentary and broadcast up until the very end).