website statistics

Speed Skating ISU World Championships 2021

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, CCB said:

Well, at the women's side Femke Kok :NED is the favourite, but like Patrick Roest today she has only something to lose. In addition, she has a bad draw, finishing in the outside lane. I predict Angelina Golikova :RUS  for the win. The men's competition will be close, but will find Pawel Kuliznhikov :RUS on top of the ranking. Laurent Dubreuil :CAN also has a good chance.

Team pursuit women: :CAN for sure.

Team pursuit men: :NOR .

Yeah, outside lane in the final pair is probably the poorest draw she could have, but Femke Kok competes very well under pressure. Golikova also came closer and closer every world cup race, so yeah, she could very well win. Perhaps Herzog can surprise and become world champion for the second time. Kok and Herzog will be the ones I'm going to root for tomorrow.

Team pursuits were more wishful thinking from my side. I think the Dutch teams are the strongest on paper when you look at the individual skaters and what times they can skate on the 1.500/3.000/5.000 metres, but other teams are better at working together. I'm really interested to see how the tougher circumstances will impact the skaters compared to the previous world cups, especially skaters like Blondin, Golubeva, Wüst and Howe who are better at the 1.500m than at the longer distances. 

12 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Sabliková lost by 0.1 :(

So close to finally getting a gold medal :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Meanwhile Sven Kramer has ended his season after his race in which he couldn't even come close to a decent performance due to a back injury.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Yeah, outside lane in the final pair is probably the poorest draw she could have

Just now I realize the world championships still have this insane format in the 500m... :facepalm: 

On 10/02/2021 at 21:25, CCB said:

Nice to read your predictions. For me Antoinette de Jong :NED and Natalia Voronina :RUS are the clear favourites at the women's side, Nils van der Poel :SWE  will win the men's race tomorrow, although I hope for Patrick Roest :NED that he can finally become world champion on a single distance.

@CCB how did you know that??? ;-)))

Please don't share your tips for next events with us - YOU WILL SPOIL ALL THE FUN !!! ;-)

I'm joking, ofc ;-)

Does anyone know where streaming/replays can be found? There’s nothing on the ISU YouTube page, or on the Olympic Channel.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela