website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2021

Totallympics

9 hours ago, dcro said:

Well, I would disagree. Biathlon is about skiing/shooting combo.

Penalty loops are flat, so relatively speaking, women do not lose as much time to men compared to downhills and especially climbs.

So unless penalty loops are made bigger for women, skiing will become (even) more important than shooting.

Aside from being inconvenient, using different penalty loops will again bring up the distance inequality, so there is no reason to change it.

As for the individual, 1 min of penalty can be made up considerably more easily in a 55 min-race than in a 45 min-race.

Well, then they should adjust penalty loops to decrease disparity.

Very surprising result. Funny that silver and bronze went to nations with German coaches while the German team flopped again. Absolutely shocking performance by Lesser, if I wouldn’t know better, I would say that he tried to ski as slowly as possible. He made absolute scrubs look like prime Lars Berger. I think it would be best for him if he would just travel back home.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

US 12th with only 8 misses, they were slow today.  I think that the way Jake Brown has been skiing, he is not a bad replacement for Nordgren, but Reid for Dunklee gave us some ski speed.  Possibly kept them in the race shooting though, Dunklee can be erratic.

Haecki back up to her wild form.  People were wondering about Selina Gasparin instead of one of her sisters, but she shot clean while Hecki went 1+6.  Ouch.  Congrats to Austria for the silver.