website statistics

Mountain Bike Cycling at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Just now, Grassmarket said:

And a Special Jury Prize for most convoluted excuses is unanimously awarded to......:cheer:

....the Dutch women's road race team? Because this didn't come from Van der Poel :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

And yet the British team had the flag all ready. :whistle:

And you think the Dutch, French and Swiss teams didn't? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Pidcock :GBR and Dascalu :ROU ended being rather consequential for two riders who nearly didn’t qualify :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I did not see Serrano coming, don't think I've seen him the entire race until he suddenly showed up to take the bronze :d 

38 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

E7NFZ46WQAAlW7Y?format=jpg&name=large

Milan Vader (who was very happy with his own race and said he enjoyed it) talked about this as well: he said during lunch/breakfast they were talking about it and said most riders would jump it. Van der Poel said he didn't, he'd go over the wood, but Vader told him that at the test event in 2019, they removed this before the race because these kind of wooden things are meant for training only, to get to know the jumps in a relatively safe manner.

"In the first lap I then saw that the wood was indeed gone and a few seconds later I heard people yelling behind me, then I basically knew what happened." he said. Of course he couldn't confirm, but when asked if he thought VDP knew about the wood being gone: "I can't really say, but....yeah I think so, because we talked about it this morning."

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Milan Vader (who was very happy with his own race and said he enjoyed it) talked about this as well: he said during lunch/breakfast they were talking about it and said most riders would jump it. Van der Poel said he didn't, he'd go over the wood, but Vader told him that at the test event in 2019, they removed this before the race because these kind of wooden things are meant for training only, to get to know the jumps in a relatively safe manner.

"In the first lap I then saw that the wood was indeed gone and a few seconds later I heard people yelling behind me, then I basically knew what happened." he said. Of course he couldn't confirm, but when asked if he thought VDP knew about the wood being gone: "I can't really say, but....yeah I think so, because we talked about it this morning."

Its a pity for VDP. Horrible crash. I hope he is fine.:(

The german commentator said, that it was communicating that the ramp will be removed for the race. 

(Althrough why install a ramp in training and remove for the race?!)

3 minutes ago, FancyFenchel said:

(Althrough why install a ramp in training and remove for the race?!)

For training purposes, so the riders can get to know the jump in a relatively safe manner. It's apparently done in some races when there are big jumps (especially if they're new).