• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, vinipereira said:

:BRA TEAM

Men

Henrique Avancini

Luiz Henrique Cocuzzi

Women

Jaqueline Mourão

Good thing for Mourão the decision was largely based on the time before this year, because this year Goulão has been quite a lot better :p 

Hopefully she can improve her shape, although I do have good hope for that: the transition from cross-country skiing to the MTB World Cups was rather short, one can understand that's not very easy and things should get better now.

And good to see the second Brazilian men's ticket does indeed go to Cocuzzi...there was a tiny bit of doubt for a moment, but even though he probably won't end up far in the front, he has had that one moment of brilliance last year where he was suddenly leading the field :d (before a flat tyre...)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, vinipereira said:

:BRA TEAM

Men

Henrique Avancini

Luiz Henrique Cocuzzi

Women

Jaqueline Mourão

So this and South Africa already confirming the ir quota likely ended the :SVK MTB riders dream to travel to Tokyo I guess. well, the hope did not last too long :d

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.uol.com.br/esporte/olimpiadas/reportagens-especiais/ciclista-luiz-henrique-cocuzzi-mora-em-um-lar-para-menores-e-vai-a-toquio/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social-media&utm_content=geral&utm_campaign=esporte

Beautiful life story of Luiz Cocuzzi. He lives in a shelter for vulnerable minors funded by his parents and supported by donations and prizes from competitions won by the team. I didn't know him, now I'm going to follow him closely.

It's in Portuguese, but it's worth translating. it's a beautiful story. :BRA

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2021 at 16:57, bmo said:

:USA TEAM USA :USA

MEN’S

Christopher Blevins 

WOMEN’S

Haley Batten

Kate Courtney

Chloe Woodruff

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

:CAN Team Canada :CAN 

Peter Disera (Horseshoe Valley, ON)
Catharine Pendrel (Kamloops, BC)
Haley Smith (Uxbridge, ON)

I'm not sure why Emily Batty wasn't named as part of this team. But impressive for Pendrel to be back at it so soon after having a baby.